Sign in to follow this  
manholt

Leaving Perry, GA. for NE Texas

Since I had not been to Perry before, I was advised to take Hwy 80 E thru AL and GA. Even Google maps and MapQuest recommend it. OK, 80 in AL is great, GA. Not !

I left Perry at 8:30am today and took I-75 to Atlanta and I-20 to Jackson, I'm at a Yogi Bear RV park, came in at 4:pm and that is stopping for fuel and 2 Rest Areas, 1 to eat lunch and 1 to just stretch my legs!

From Jackson, Miss. to Longview, TX is an easy 6 1/2 hour drive down I-20. Took 2 1/2 days to get to Perry and 1 1/2 days back! 64mph on cruise control....no small towns at 35! No traffic lights! Some could say that 80 is more scenic, sorry, hard to look at things at 55/60 on one lane, no shoulder, cars and trucks, road. Then on 2 lane road, it's not much more to look at than the Freeway.

I'll stick to the Interstate when going from A to B and sight see in toad! Had a great time in Perry and will return in '18!

Thank You, FMCA.

Carl

Sorry you didn't have my cell number, when you came through the B'ham. area, you were within five miles of my place. It would have been my joy to have bought your lunch. Actually from Perry to Savannah on 80 is much prettier than Alabama to Perry.

Kay.

I'll take you up on that offer, next time. I'll be on I-20 out off and going to Atlanta this summer....will you be at FMCA Reunion in Aug?

Carl

Where is the rally in August? I really wanted to be in Perry last week, but one of my employees was out for knee replacement, he came hobbling back in yesterday for first time in 4 weeks, which means that I still have to be

at work, hopefully he will be better soon.