Willson

Flat Towing 2009 Saturn Astra Automatic

Yes, according to the FMCA Towing Guides for 2009 (yes, you must be an FMCA Member and signed in to view the towing guides), it IS towable 4 wheels down.

Willson,

A couple of points:

1.  If you called an auto manufacturers customer service line, it would be EXTREMELY RARE for the person on the phone to know anything about machinery, particularly on a model (and even Division) that is no longer in business. This is basically an entry level position. I am retired from the automobile business, I knew many of these people first hand.  No way for a company to pay qualified mechanical to answer the phone!

2. Through the years, auto manufacturers have changed their towing policies. And in very large part as a liability issue, not a mechanical one.

3. FMCA Staff does an excellent job of verifying towability 4 wheels down.  And, as of the time of publication, your model WAS listed as towable 4 wheels down.

I would check with Remco to get their read on this.

3 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

As Brett said Remco is one of the recognized experts on towing.

http://www.remcoindustries.com/Towing/Store.php

Bill

I went through Remco to figure out what I needed to do to tow a 2007 Cadillac CTS.  A lube pump from Remco and brackets from Roadmaster an I was set to go.  While RM had the template for the CTS, they had to manufacture them as they weren't in stock.  Check out Remco!  If your car cannot be towed, they'll tell you.