huffypuff

Climbing the Siskiyou Pass Oregon

Ray,

Great video with background music and speed recorder!  How in the world did you get that posted?  Now, I have another challenge to figure out.

Safe travels......Blake

Wayne that camera is called a black box that I brought online about 4 years ago that is obsolete.  Cobra makes one that sells for $100 in Costco.   I have just in case as I had brake check from a few idiots that don't want to share the road with slower motor coach. 

Blake I posted on YouTube then share the link to many.  Took 100 minutes to upload 5 minute video with my .35 mbs upload internet connection.  :unsure:

Great footage! What gear and rpm were you pulling? My luck is to get behind someone like the coach you passed who is going alot slower and be blocked in by passing traffic. Then I just half to slow down and stay in line.:P

Bill

Bill that is the coach in my signature pulling my 2006 Jeep Liberty.  We were very loaded as we were heading south for the winter.  It was a very steep climb and the fellow that was going slow may be more loaded or have other issues.  My coach was performing well. 

Ray, 

Great video, since I grew up in Medford, Oregon it brought back great memories... When I was an older teen and attending S.O.C. (Southern Oregon College), I used to ride my bicycle up to Mt. Ashland ski area in the spring time. There were many times I chased the semis in those days as a sprint workout. Then the ride down was a blast and very fast... oh what a great time it was being young and dumb!!

Thanks,

Bill Edwards

Bill I bet those bicycle rides up those steep grades kept you healthy.  I don't know how anyone can mountain bike  as I get tire on flat land.   If those rides down the grade was without brakes it would  be fast and scary.  :lol:

The adrenalin rush made me sick a few times. I had an early tear of the lateral meniscus of one knee and the cycling allowed me to ski. Yes way back then as a Medford farm boy I was pretty stout and not bad today at 70 but old man time is tearin it up way to fast. I plan to go out on an empty tank...

Bill

9 hours ago, huffypuff said:

Bill I bet those bicycle rides up those steep grades kept you healthy.  I don't know how anyone can mountain bike  as I get tire on flat land.   If those rides down the grade was without brakes it would  be fast and scary.  :lol:

Not to say what the bottom of the tennis shoes would look like. :)

Or the back of the shorts!

5 hours ago, Wayne77590 said:

Not to say what the bottom of the tennis shoes would look like. :)

Or the back of the shorts!

:lol: