Question

I had an interesting experience yesterday, in Lipan, Texas.

It is a town of 430 people, along FM 4 north of Granbury. I was traveling northbound in support of a veterans' event at Sweetwater.

Approaching the town, I backed off at the 30 mph sign shown below, but not fast enough. 

As a result, an officer identifying himself as a police lieutenant for the town pulled me over and issued a $171 citation.

So, if bridging the confluence of state highways that lead up from Hill Country into Granbury, and Interstate 20 to the north, either avoid FM 4 or use great caution traversing this route.

Any other such places out there, lying in wait for unsuspecting motorists?

AF1QipOsmWroVCYZSK0szyLSZaS3hUAHjr4oRFyf

On 8/16/2016 at 0:31 PM, Wayne77590 said:

Please tell me the officer did not clock you driving a motorhome.

No I was in my Chevy Trailblazer ... Here is the problem with the whole thing. I was doing 10 miles less than that he said and I could prove it. 

Lets say someone was in a Coach and they were doing the speed at 70mph ... he would have got them at 80 and it wont fair at all. That ticket would have been well over 1K.  When I told the ADA down there that I was coming with proof they offered me to plea out to no points no Super speed no driving record thing. 

It was cheaper for me to pay $422 than to get a flight rent a car pay for hotel gas and then come back home.  I CANT STAND TURNER COUNTY GA and I am a good Christian man I like everybody. Them folks in South GA need JESUS

If, God forgive bid, you do get a ticket for speeding and were clocked by radar look at the outer edge and see if the officer made a note. Sometimes they will not either the actual speed or distance they clocked the vehicle.

I know this. I was in a 1 ton pickup  pulling a 32 foot pontoon boat in very heavy and I mean heavy traffic.

I was pulled over from the middle lane and was issued a citation.

I noticed a hand written note on the top edge of the ticket, 1,250. I asked the officer what that was? He said that was the distances he clocked me.

I went to court and asked the judge if he drove on I-635 and he said he hated it due the heavy traffic. I pointed out the note and asked how the officer could pick one vehicle  from heavy traffic moving at the same speed 1/4 of a 

mile away. The judge didn't answer me , he just said, "Case Dismissed".

One for the good guy.

Herman 

1 hour ago, Manholt said:

How did we get from Speeding ticket in Texas, to Turner County GA. ????:blink::huh:

Carl

IDK ... but I figured if I can help someone avoid problems in South GA I would comment. 

HayesFamily, welcome to the forum, and thanks for your comment, that's what it is all about, Carl just gets carried away sometimes. And the title to the thread is RURAL SPEED TRAPS THIS SUMMER. Happy motoring and feel welcome to comment or start a new thread anytime.

Kay