Sign in to follow this  
Schoolhouse

Replacement Curtains, Class A

Hello all,

I have a Class A in need of replacement privacy curtains in the front. I'll need two panels, each approx 72x34 inches. They attach to a track (motorized) to open and close.

Having a heck of a time trying to find a vendor to purchase replacements. Any suggestions?

And no, I am not handy or talented enough to sew my own ?

Thanks.

School,

There are several thing you may do. First, try calling the Manufacturer of your coach, they should be able to provide the curtain to fit your coach. Second, take your curtain off, find a Drapery Shop close to you and have them make a set using your old curtain as a pattern. Having them made will give you a chance to choose different colors, patterns and black out lining. 

Herman

Thank you both for your feedback. Unfortunately, our 1989 Beaver Marquis, while in excellent mechanical shape, is showing some wear on the upholstery and curtains. As you know, Beaver has long since gone out of business but thought there might still be some RV-related suppliers who carry these items in stock. I suspect the best option will be the pricey one and have them created locally.

Thank you again for coming to the aid of a newbie. All the best.

1 hour ago, Schoolhouse said:

Thank you both for your feedback. Unfortunately, our 1989 Beaver Marquis, while in excellent mechanical shape, is showing some wear on the upholstery and curtains. As you know, Beaver has long since gone out of business but thought there might still be some RV-related suppliers who carry these items in stock. I suspect the best option will be the pricey one and have them created locally.

Thank you again for coming to the aid of a newbie. All the best.

Schoolhouse, This information might prove helpful.

Beaver Coach Sales & Service has purchased the rights to start building the Beaver coaches. They hope to restart the line by 2017.

62955 Boyd Acres Road

Bend, OR 97701

Phone: 541.322.2184

Toll Free: 800.382.2597

Rich.

Where are you located?  There are several really good RV remodeling shops in Oregon/Washington that I'm looking at for some work on ours.  Beaver Coach Sales (above post) is an excellent facility for Beaver coach work if you're in the area.

I know this sounds crude, but in a pinch, a beach towel can be mounted very easily. Also look in the local box stores for close sizes if you are looking for cheap. Also stores like J C Penny has sources that will custom make just about any size imaginable. You can be creative with what you mount them to the existing track with. Good thing about curtains, they do not have to be exactly the same size as the original, slightly larger is easily overcome.