obedb

Windshield Foldup Sun Shades for Inside

Have been using sun shades, leftover from my days as a trucker. Taped them together. Kinda tacky looking , but when the front curtains are moved in place it isn't noticeable. Have been looking for new shades that fit better, but so far no real luck. The windshield is a two piece with each side 42" tall and 50" wide. I prefer inside shades that can be easily folded up to enjoy a sunset. Tried a number of sites already.

Suggestions appreciated.

Buy some aluminized bubble wrap from Lowes, Ace, Home Depot, etc. Available in rolls of different width. Put snaps above and below each window and matching mating snap halves on the bubble wrap after sizing the bubble wrap to fit.

I did that for all my side windows and no one ever sees the fixed snaps because of the valances above each window.

Nighthawk,

The aluminum wrap is a good reflector for the hot sum. However let me caution you using it on your side windows. If you have double pane Windows it can cause the gas between the pained to expand and cause the seals to rupture and you may end up with fogged windows.

Herman 

ObedB.  They make roller shades in your size.  Spring tension, just like the ones in houses.  Go check out Home Depot or Lowe.  On internet try any of the re model RV sites. :D

Herman. I agree.  The Aluminum wrap is good on single pane.  Not double.  Then I don't know where Nighthawk lives or travels!  Double in MI or WI and most of NE, should be no problem....The deep south or Texas...forget it !:wacko:

Carl

Took  nitehawk's advice. Bought the only roll at the local Home Depot that could get it done. 48" by 25 feet. $41 and change plus tax. Cut it down to 43" x 112". The rest will supply a shade for my F150 that sets a lot and shades for both Subarus. Will probably have some left. 

The sun was roasting today. Noticed an almost immediate difference when I put it in place. We were there cleaning and provisioning for a late July departure. Generator really humming as both A/Cs were on. A significant help.

Yes. We pack it all into usually 2 1/2 months. We can't keep ours in the driveway, hooked up, refrigerator running, provisioned and ready to go. Wish that we could. Our coach is kept in a gated storage yard 8 miles away with no hooks.

15 hours ago, obedb said:

Yes. We pack it all into usually 2 1/2 months. We can't keep ours in the driveway, hooked up, refrigerator running, provisioned and ready to go. Wish that we could. Our coach is kept in a gated storage yard 8 miles away with no hooks.

OK. let me help get some use out of that DP.....I'm headed to Gettysburg in Sept for a Chili Cook-off contest at a CG, you and your DW should come up for the weekend. I will email you the details.