Sign in to follow this  
tmoning

What are you thankful for?

It's a long list!

I am thankful that we are living in the golden age of motorhoming. We live in a country that allows free travel from sea to shining sea. It is a country with a multitude of things to see and do, places and people, activities and events. We have great highways, a wonderful array of support from dealers and service centers to the many RV parks, fuel that even at today's prices is a bargain when compared to the rest of the world.

I'm thankful for my wife who has been willing to go on this great adventure and deal with all the changes that are necessary to live in a motor home for all these nine years. I'm thankful for a family who has accepted this change in our lifestyle.

I'm thankful for the designers, engineers, and staff of the company that built this wonderful machine which frustrates me when something breaks but is an absolute miracle machine when it's working right.

I'm thankful for all the support services that make our lifestyle so convenient; the mailing service that handles our mail forwarding; the Internet services the keep us in touch with the rest of the world; the cell phones that provide instant contact with our family and friends; even the satellite television which informs and entertains us.

I'm thankful for the men and women who serve this country to keep us free, from the president and congress to our military forces who put their lives on the line every day. I'm thankful for our police who keep us safe at home and our firemen who keep us safe in our homes. I'm thankful for the men and women who work to keep our water and air clean, those who keep our food safe and who provide our health care, and those who manage and protect our wildlife. I am thankful for our teachers who educate all of us so that we can exercise the obligations of citizenship in a country in which people rule.

I'm thankful for those who maintain and operate our magnificent park system. I'm thankful for Wal-Mart and Flying J. I'm thankful for FMCA and the forum which provides us the opportunity to share ideas with one another. I'm thankful for a good nights sleep. I'm thankful for pizza. I'm thankful for good tires, strong batteries and wi-fi. I'm thankful for GPS, microwave ovens and automatic ice makers. I'm thankful for quiet RV parks away from highways, railroads and airports. I'm thankful for hot showers and cold drinks. I'm thankful for dark skies full of stars. I'm thankful for sunny days with summer breezes. I'm thankful for rain that settles the dust and clouds that hide the sun on really hot days.

I'm thankful that PETA hasn't seen my windshield after a long hot day of driving. I'm thankful that I didn't hit that skunk! I'm thankful that I got stopped in time. I'm thankful that I made it up that hill. I'm thankful that I made it down that hill, around the curve and over the bridge. I'm thankful that overpass was high enough. I'm thankful that didn't fall off the ladder. I'm thankful the toad is still behind us. I'm thankful for left turns. I'm thankful that three lefts do make a right. I'm thankful for wide lanes and RV parking spaces. I'm thankful for air conditioning and power sun shades.

I'm going to bed. You're thankful for that, I know!

Goodnight, Tom

I'm thankful ...

For our 13-1/2 year old German Shepherd, Tasha, who's still with us after all these years.

For water pressure and hot water in the shower.

For a quiet day with my husband.

For no rain!

For sleeping in.

For watching the Macy's parade.

For the knowledge my husband has in fixing everything and anything.

Here's wishing all of you happiness and good health this holiday season!