fthorwart

Engine Operating Temperature Cummins ISL

Bill E.  Where is your Turbo located?  It will throw a lot more heat than exhaust.  Just a thought...after coffee. 

J

Now another question, before the turbo, is the manifold, no piping, Manifold is like a header only one piece. 3 cylinders on the front half and the other three back half and a big thick flange and a mating flange on the turbo. The probe is it appears only going to get 3 cylinders if I mount in the manifold itself. Until I disassemble the turbo will not really know if I can put it in the flange. I think I will send Dave Atherton a PM and ask him where to mount it. 

Bill Edwards

15 hours ago, rsbilledwards said:

J

Now another question, before the turbo, is the manifold, no piping, Manifold is like a header only one piece. 3 cylinders on the front half and the other three back half and a big thick flange and a mating flange on the turbo. The probe is it appears only going to get 3 cylinders if I mount in the manifold itself. Until I disassemble the turbo will not really know if I can put it in the flange. I think I will send Dave Atherton a PM and ask him where to mount it. 

Bill Edwards

I don't think trying to drill through the mounting flange is going to work. I would drill it before the flange. Go look at the link I posted and scroll through the instructions. 

Bill

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

The ISL has no flat spots on it, very difficult to locate a suitable location.

I would just try to hit the middle of the tube. You can center punch a starting point and start with a smaller drill then step it up. Be careful to drill straight and don't tap to deep.

Bill

Just had to change thermostat on my ISL 400 in 2007 Monaco Camelot. I use the Silverleaf program to monitor my engine. I noticed that my coolant temp was running high, normally a rock solid 180 degrees, gradually moving up from 180 to 195 degrees over several days. I would not have noticed that on the gauge. Cummins confirmed my suspicions and replaced the thermostat.