connie.blandinc@gmail.com

Recommendations For Winter: Phoenix Area

We are going to spend late Sept thru January around Phoenix and are looking for suggestions. We are a 45' Class A.

Important factors are: need to be reasonably close to shopping and restaurants. Need solid, reliable WiFi, easy parking. Hoping to get down to the low $20 per day based on a multi-month reservation. We don't golf or cook out so mostly just want a clean, friendly place with utilities, 50 Amp, water and sewer hookups a must.

Anybody have a favorite park fitting those needs? I did search the forum and didn't see any threads on-topic but if I overlooked one please feel free to point me toward it, thanks!

I can't make recommendation as we have only rarely stayed in the Phoenix area and never for an extended period of time.  A good source for searching parks is RV Park Reviews. If you don't get recommendations, even if you do get recommendations, you may want to do what I suggest to anyone looking for a park for an extended stay.  Make short term reservations (a week or two) at a park in the area you are considering.  While staying there, visit other parks in the area to get a look at them.  I hesitate to make recommendations for others because what suits me may not suit someone else.  I think the best way to select a park for long term stay is to actually visit the park, take a tour, see the facilities and where it is located in the community to see if it meets your expectations.   Some parks have quite extensive activities, others are more contemplative.  We live in a "party" park.  There are always activities going on in the park and people are quite social.  Group dinners, street parties, competitive games and dances keep the group interacting and we like that atmosphere.  Our park is located in a fairly remote area but is within a half hour travel of almost any "city" convenience including many franchise restaurants and also many unique "mom & pop" restaurants. There are major shopping centers and a thriving outlet mall in the area.  We have a variety of nature parks, state parks and wildlife refuges in the area and the Gulf of Mexico beaches aren't far away.  Like Phoenix, our area has many retired people and there is a shared culture of Winter Texans in the area.  Unlike Phoenix, our community is small enough that retirees represent a significant impact on the economy and culture of the area.  We feel right at home in our community.

4 hours ago, CONNIE.BLANDINC@GMAIL.COM said:

We are going to spend late Sept thru January around Phoenix and are looking for suggestions. We are a 45' Class A.

Important factors are: need to be reasonably close to shopping and restaurants. Need solid, reliable WiFi, easy parking. Hoping to get down to the low $20 per day based on a multi-month reservation. We don't golf or cook out so mostly just want a clean, friendly place with utilities, 50 Amp, water and sewer hookups a must.

Anybody have a favorite park fitting those needs? I did search the forum and didn't see any threads on-topic but if I overlooked one please feel free to point me toward it, thanks!

We spent the winter 2014/2015 at Happy Days RV Park in Apache Junction.  It is a small basic park but I see 2 problems - probably already booked solid and we just fit into our space at 40 feet.  We had friends stay at Countryside RV Park there.  Several parks with various amenities in Apache Junction - shopping is good there and in Mesa.  And you are out of the Phoenix smog and traffic.

Bill,

Phoenix is great area! We stayed there last winter and never ran out of things to do and places to eat. Also like Tucson and Sedona .

Roland