glsponchos

GE Profile Convection Oven

Has anyone had trouble with the GE Profile convection ovens that came in the 2010 Allegro products ?  We have a 43QGP, but I'm assuming they used the same model in several coaches.  We just purchased the unit 3 weeks ago.  The oven was working fine.  Was using it to cook the other night and it went dead during flight.  Checked the breaker and made sure plug was hot.  Anyone have a silver bullet ?

We have one and it died.  We took it down, opened the cover and found a burnt wire in the harness on the inside behind the push button controls.  If you are not terribly handy, you should still be able to get the unit out.  Look for screws underneath (and above if there's a cabinet above) to release the unit and then take it to a local service center.  It could take a week or 2 for them to fix the unit so be sure you have enough time.

Of course, before you do anything else, check the plug that the unit is plugged into (sorry if that sounds so obvious).  Plug a lamp into the same plug (or a hair dryer or something) and make sure it works.  Then plug the unit in again to ensure that the plug didn't simply wiggle loose.  If all of that makes it appear that the oven is truly dead you can proceed from there.

BE CAREFUL if you go poking around inside your microwave as they have a capacitor that holds a lethal charge of electricity. You can find troubleshooting instructions on the web, hear is one site.

http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/How-To-Fix-A-Microwave/65-3-861752-/GE-Microwave-not-heating-PVM1790DR1BB

Get an estimate before you leave it with anyone. I went through the same thing with my GE convection microwave oven. What I found was no one wanted you to take it to them, they all wanted to come to you so they could charge a service call. ALL the estimates were more than 50%-60% of the price of a new one. I ordered the same part number from Home Depot and got free shiping.  

Bill  

I got the same unit in mine, no problems so far...but it's a newer unit and FIVE's is newer than mine by 4 years!

Having said that...check to see if there is a Ground Fault switch in your kitchen!