casita50

2017Tampa RV Supershow

Is there an FMCA get together at the RV Supershow in January in Tampa? We're interested in camping with or getting together with FMCA members (especially the Energized group). BTW, they posted the camping registration on their website this week. www.rvta.org.

Casita50.  Welcome to the Forum!

The Tampa Supershow is an annual event, put on by the manufacturers and dealerships!  FMCA is not involved officially, but you will find a lot of members in the surrounding RV parks.  If you wish to go and don't have a reservation, you might be too late now.  Call around, you might find a place, but it will probably be an hour away from Fairgrounds.  A long, hectic and very popular week.  Followed by Buccaneer days in Tampa Harbor and then the Strawberry Festival, in Plant City!

Carl

Will be at Tampa for the RV Super Show I am registered with ECOA (Entegra Coach Owners Association) an FMCA chapter. With this group once we completed registration we inform the chapter president that we are registered and he arranges for all ECOA members to arrive on the 17th (one day early) and camp together with fellow Entegra Coach owners. Like many others I found it beneficial to join a local geographic FMCA chapter to camp with friends close to home and for short weekends out. I also elected to join the FMCA chapter representing my coach manufacturer, as they usually are involved with events like Tampa, Hershey, etc.

Tampa RV Supershow link;

Update on RV camping at Tampa fairgrounds;

Super Rally:   SOLD OUT! 
We are no longer accepting any pre-registrations.

$200.00 – Registration includes:

– 4 Nights/5 Days
– 30 amp Electrical Service
– 4 Mornings of Coffee & Donuts
– 3 Nights of Entertainment (w/ Refreshments & Dessert)
– Wristband with Unlimited access to the SuperShow

We are headed to Hershey this year. DW was upset we didn't go last year. Its so close we just drive up for the day in the toad and wander around.

I went to Tampa show today. Drove over from MAFB FAMCamp where I am parked. Busier than last 2 years! Long lines for everything. I lucked out by entering from US 301 main entrance--they had LEO traffic control. I parked near Gate 1 but took tram to gate 3 for entrance as the lines at gate 1 were like a block long. Inside the vendor buildings you could barely move the crowds were so bad, add to that the dogs on leashes and the ones in strollers...ridiculous! It is bad enough ng to navigate all the folks on scooters, but I understand that as it is a huge footprint to cover. 

Really didn't look at the RV' much, just an a few from teardrops to 1.5 million Prevost, but only one of these here and one of those over there. I think I set foot or leaned in 5 total. I am not in the market for a new rv. I really didn't see anything new at the vendors. It was pretty much the same vendors, same booths. I did find a good bargain, a 25 foot heated water hose at Camping World booth. It rung up as $114 but they had a $19.99 clearance sticker on the shelf where they had 4. Since I go out to the Tetons in April and leave in Oct it seemed like a good buy. Otherwise, shopping on line is the way to go. 

When I finally left I went out gate 3 and waited 20 minutes for a parking lot tram. Seemed like only 2 trams running the entire parking lot. When I started waiting in line I was the 9th person in line. Then as the tram got closer people started coming from the gates and walked past se of us in a line and it was a bum rush to get a seat. Rude behavior was kind of rampant inside as well as outside the venue gate. People would just stop in the middle of the aisle to look at a vendor booth without stepping closer to the booth and allow people to pass--some acted like the show was put on for them.  Talk about a "soft target" where a lot of bad could happen. 

Maybe tomorrow and the rest of the days will be better and this was just because it was day one for the public. If you are planning to go get there real early for entrance and parking and be prepared.