tireman9

Two New Tire Recalls: GY & MileMaster

NHTSA Campaign ID Number : 16T013
Synopsis : Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (Goodyear) is recalling certain G399A LHS tires, size 295/75R22.5 LRG, manufactured January 24, 2016, to May 28, 2016. Due to an anomaly during the curing press set-up operation, incomplete adhesion between the tread and the top belt may have occurred. Incomplete adhesion may result in tread separation of the tire while in use, increasing the risk of a crash. Goodyear will notify the vehicle manufacturers that purchased the tires, as well as those that purchased the tires as replacement equipment. The vehicle manufacturers will notify their owners. Dealers will replace the affected tires with a similar tires, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin October 15, 2016. Owners may contact Goodyear customer service at 1-800-592-3267.

NHTSA Campaign ID Number : 16T014
Synopsis : Tireco Inc. (Tireco) is recalling certain Milestar BS623 tires, size 225/70R 19.5 G/14, manufactured June 23, 2013, to January 24, 2015. The affected tires have incorrect markings on the sidewall, indicating both ratings as "DUAL" when the first rating should be identified as "SINGLE." As such, these tires fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 119, "New Pneumatic Tires-Other Than Passenger Cars." Incorrectly identifying the ratings on the tires may result in the operator inadvertently overloading the tires, possibly causing their failure, thereby increasing the risk of a crash. Tireco will notify owners, and provide owners with a full refund of the entire purchase price. The recall is expected to begin October 10, 2016. Owners may contact Tireco customer service at 1-800-937-9433.

Hmm, the GY 295/75R22.5 tire is not listed on the RV tire selector. It is listed for HD truck/Tractor with GY and Firestone.

Does anyone run this size on an RV? Is it the original equipment size or something someone put on? This is typically a Semi trailer tire size or Low profile road tractor size.

That is not the most common size, but there are coaches with that as the OE.

Your GVWR sticker will (by law) list the OE tire size.

Note, 295/75R22.5 and 275/80R22.5 are very close in size and both are available in both G and H load ranges.  Many consider the two sizes interchangeable.

Brett, what sparked my interest; my friend's coach has the 295/75R22.5 on it, he and I had a conversation about the tires that were on it when he bought it used. It has Roadmaster tires (made by Cooper) he never heard of them and was concerned about the quality. When I looked them up they were not listed as a RV/Coach/Bus tire. Not that that matters but I raised a red flag, so I began to dig and no one lists that tire size for a RV/Coach/Bus. After typing this yesterday it dawned on me, Search the web for his brochure, so I did and it was originally equipped with the 275/80R22.5, since they are almost the exact size tire and the weight ratings are the same he should be good to run them off.

Cooper Tires was originally made in Colorado and was considered one of the premium tires...now, don't know.  I used to run Kelly's...good tire and price!