JimPratt

Oil Dip Stck Replacement

Country coach has no idea what parts they use.   This is the third part I have attempted to replace on the two cc coaches I have own.   The Caterpillar dealer broken off the tip of the oil dip stick and of coarse this is not a caterpillar product.  CCC apparently uses or adapts whatever is handy while  building a coach but never expects to have to replace parts. Enough venting.  

I need to find a new dip stick.   If you have a 400hp cat  please measure the length of the dip stick and respond.  There are numerous companies with replacement dip sticks however none  available locally.   If you have a dip stick to sale  please respond.     Country coach is of no help,  I have tried.   Sad too that you can't get anything on a trade no one seems to want a coach with the manufacture out of business.   Thanks

Jim, Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Is your oil dip stick the steel cable stile that runs from the engine to a point outside the engine compartment?

What Model year and Engine model do you have?

Rich.

2 hours ago, JimPratt said:

Country coach has no idea what parts they use.   This is the third part I have attempted to replace on the two cc coaches I have own.   The Caterpillar dealer broken off the tip of the oil dip stick and of coarse this is not a caterpillar product.  CCC apparently uses or adapts whatever is handy while  building a coach but never expects to have to replace parts. Enough venting.  

I need to find a new dip stick.   If you have a 400hp cat  please measure the length of the dip stick and respond.  There are numerous companies with replacement dip sticks however none  available locally.   If you have a dip stick to sale  please respond.     Country coach is of no help,  I have tried.   Sad too that you can't get anything on a trade no one seems to want a coach with the manufacture out of business.   Thanks

Welcome to the forum. It should be fairly easy to make a tip and have it welded to the end of your existing part. It can be "calibrated" when you do your next oil change.

When looking for a replacement measure what you have and add about a foot. The excess can be trimmed off if needed. Talk to big truck parts places.

Bill

Jim.  Sorry.  CC is now owned by Winnebago...all inventory.  Don't know if WB knows what they have, but a call to them (Tech Dept.) can't hurt.  You still will need coach ID, Engine model and number..

Out off curiosity, what happened to the broken off tip?  Did you tell the dealer to find you a new dip stick, if not, why?

Carl