Roadfor5

2016 4 Month Old Tiffin Allegro Red Slide-out Failure

Less than 4 months after purchase our passenger rear slide out failed to retract.

As usual, no RV dealer would help us.  We are figuring out that if you are under warrantee, you are out of luck if you try to go to a Tiffin dealer other than the one where you made your purchase.  Somehow, this makes NO SENSE!

Found a nice local service person who was able to help us retract our slide out.  Problem not fixed.  Apparently we have problem with motor, control box and wiring.  Will Try to have fixed when we return home.

Only good news is this happened on the next to last day of a 50 day trip.  So discouraging.

But, if ever you are in need of help in the Las Cruces, NM area, pleas call All About Service at 575-496-793 and ask for Pat.

Also, Richard's called back at the end of the day:. 575-642-3832,

Local RV dealership said they could "maybe" get to us in two weeks!!

If we purchased a car, we could go to any dealership.  There is a MAJOR problem in the RV industry.  MANUFACTURERS please note:. Your reputation is only as good as the service we can get and so far, it is TERRIBLE!

Roadfor5.  Welcome to the Forum!

If home is anywhere near Red Bay, AL. take it there!  Don't bother calling, just show up in Service (at the old Airport), it's under warranty and should fall into the 3 hours or less category, so ask for 3 hour service call.

Dealership and seller dealership has been a problem for at least 10 years now.  Not their fault, it's lack of quality control at factory...supply is trying to catch up to demand!

Carl 

Had exactly the same problem under exactly the same conditions, on my 2013 Phaeton.  Found no shortcut fixes.  Had to figure out how to manually retract the slide (not a bad thing to learn), then had the electrical hardware fixed at an authorized repair facility.  

What's interesting to me in the automobile industry the manufacture sets the guidelines that the dealer support MUST follow. The level of support they provide and surveys provide the dealer with special benefits. The RV industry works backwards, the manufacture is happy you sell their product and could care less if you take care of that manufactures customers after the sale. After all they didn't put much care in building it right and allowed it to leave so..... Also quality control is lacking and has been since the economy crash in 2007-2008, as long as they are selling them all is well...

Sorry, this subject sours me every time I read it, its just not right!

I have owned 2 Winnebago's and without exception all Winnebago authorized dealers provide warranty service work whether bought there or not.

Perhaps they are the exception?