BOBODELL56

AC Vent Debris

A strange issue has came up within the past 10 days.  I am seeing strange debris coming out of some AC vents.  The debris is mostly rectangular or square in shape.  It is very dark brown in color, and is very, very thin.  In order to even pick it up off the floor to examine it, I have to wet the end of my finger and touch it.  If I rub it at all it simply disintegrates - like I stated, it is extremely thin.  I first thought that it may be leaf debris, but that does not account for the shape.  There is not a lot of it, but it is very annoying to have to pick up this stuff up on a pretty regular basis.  It is primarily coming from 4 separate vents - 2 in the bedroom/bathroom area, and the other two in the kitchen area.  The filters are relatively clean, and I cleaned the AC units themselves, but that has not seemed to help.  Picture attached.  Has anyone out there had a similar issue?  I am baffled.

IMG_0095.JPG

On a 2015 coach?  Don't think so.  For the last 6 months I have had pieces of silver tape come out of mine, that's deterioration!  On new coaches, I've had small pieces of white Styrofoam and other forms of insulation and even roofing material.  Your pieces look almost like fuzzy felt, it's unlike anything I have seen, but I suspect it's coming from the material used in your ceiling and when they cut out the round or square holes for your registers, little pieces of material got in your duct work!  If you have snap in or screw in registers, take one out and look up there with a flashlight, I did that and used a vacuum to get rid of my issues including the latest.

Carl 

If you remove any type of access cover on any of these RVs, you will find all sorts of junk, trash, pieces of wood, saw dust, pieces of insulation and more.

Great comments!!  I will try to vacuum out the duct work and see if that helps.  It just seems strange that I have owned it for over a year and it is just now doing this.  Thanks again!!!

1 hour ago, BOBODELL56 said:

Great comments!!  I will try to vacuum out the duct work and see if that helps.  It just seems strange that I have owned it for over a year and it is just now doing this.  Thanks again!!!

Best bet is they used a cheap mylar tape and it didn't hold up. 

Bill