hayesfamily

Good Sam Not So Good Sam

So, today I needed to use Good Sam for the first time and IT WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

1. Called Good Sam and requested lock out service in GA

2. Good Sam sent Lockout service .... TO THE WRONG CITY AND STATE -- as the DW is in GA not here in MD. 

3. Called Good Sam and Advised of the error and they told me 
"We sent lockout to your home address and we cant send another so you have to pay for the locksmith yourself"

. So I asked if they had the information I gave them for the address in GA. She said no.  ... Well where is the information i gave the first rep

HERE IS THE WRONG ANSWER ---- They tell me I DONT KNOW!

They finally fix it after a few choice words. The problem I have is - What if it was the Coach needing towing and were in FL-So they send a tow truck to my home in MD. And then tell me it was my fault and I got to pay for it? 

I think I should have gone with coach-net. 

You got a bad rep on the phone.

Have them repeat the location back to you next time.

I had good luck with them.

Keon.  As we have said, it's a learning curve and some love one over another...most miss understandings happen when communicating on the phone!  As bm said, wrong rep. :o

Carl

I don't want to diminish your displeasure with the service as they made a huge mistake.  I have had to use GS road service twice to get my coach towed.  Once, my turbo blew and once the radiator fan somehow struck the radiator.  In both cases they were able to get me a tow in a reasonable time and in both cases towed me to the location I requested based upon information from the manufacturer of my coach.  Mistakes happen.  As a matter of fact I thought I made a mistake once but I was mistaken.  :lol:

The good news is that they did come through in the end and you won't be paying for services you did not receive.

I got Good Sam because they were able to do somethings for me that other companies couldnt or I didnt feel the most comfortable with. The rate at 79 bucks was a good start or platinum and I paid for 2 years up front. This scared the heck out of me. 

I am calm now. I am going to chalk it up to BAD REP but I let them know in an email that this can not happen on a regular basis. I am on my way to get the coach now and I pray everything goes well on my 5 hour trip home. I need the assurance that they have my back if something doesnt and I trust yall - because you are the reason I chose Good Sam. (Yall being the folks here on the FMCA)

So thanks for the encouragement and support as I bring the Big Gurl home. We are super excited because this coach everyone in the house likes and not just me and the Kid. The DW called me and said, "You should have listened to me the first time" and I just smiled and said, Your Right Dear!

3 hours ago, HayesFamily said:

I got Good Sam because they were able to do somethings for me that other companies couldnt or I didnt feel the most comfortable with. The rate at 79 bucks was a good start or platinum and I paid for 2 years up front. This scared the heck out of me. 

I am calm now. I am going to chalk it up to BAD REP but I let them know in an email that this can not happen on a regular basis. I am on my way to get the coach now and I pray everything goes well on my 5 hour trip home. I need the assurance that they have my back if something doesnt and I trust yall - because you are the reason I chose Good Sam. (Yall being the folks here on the FMCA)

So thanks for the encouragement and support as I bring the Big Gurl home. We are super excited because this coach everyone in the house likes and not just me and the Kid. The DW called me and said, "You should have listened to me the first time" and I just smiled and said, Your Right Dear!

Good luck on the trip and tell us how it went.

Bill

Made it to MD with little issues.  Made our first Wal-Mart Stop ... Then our first Rest Area stop and on home.  We filled LPG tank at a whopping 65 bucks. Last I remember LPG was like 2 bucks a gallon. What happened? 

Never the less for a few kinks to work out but she's road worthy.  

1020161925.jpg

1020162255a.jpg

1020161816.jpg

The price of propane is insane.  We have plenty of it and it's not dependent on the price of oil, yet when the price of crude oil rose and gas prices went upwards of 4 bucks/gallon, some genius figured they could go ahead and raise propane prices along with it.    Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Oil up, fuel cost follows, All forms of fuel and DEP will also go up!  A lot of my friends and me are ecstatic that Oil and Gas is on the increase, we pray and hope it will continue! :D Why?  It will put thousands of folk's back to work and help the economy! :) 

Carl

22 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Keon, I bet you haven't stopped smiling since you got home.

Carl, I hope natural gas prices go up now that I am a royalty owner.;)

Bill

We have been making it out own the last few days.  New bed (just didn't wanna sleep on someone else's mattress for obvious reasons) New sheets and just making it ours.  Got the stove working and the furnace kicking (58 deg today) and now I just have to figure out Where the water pump is. 

The DW is happy with this coach.  I'm happy that she is happy. 

We added a memory foam pad to our mattress to make it a little better. Are you talking about  the switch or the pump itself? Did you get any documentation with the coach? I don't have much experience with the older gas Bounders. The pump may be in the compartment forward of the fresh water  hook up and sewer dump.  Look on the main control panel (master switch) and for a switch and near the sink. There may be one by the bathroom sink to. 

Bill

Just a friendly reminder.  When starting a discussion on a new topic, better to start a new thread.  That way, if someone in the future is doing a "search" it will pop up.

Said another way, we have moved a long way from "Good Sam Not So Good Sam".

Thanks.