wayne77590

Cummins San Antonio TX KUDOS

This is in reference to Cummins, San Antonio, TX.

Checking in today at the camp ground, went to start and RV is dead. All the dash light lit up but just a click click to start the engine. Even with the Battery Boost - no go.

Called Cummins, Talked with Rachel and then Joe. They were exceptional in finding my battery cranking amps and dispatching their technician Banyon to my camp ground. Before Banyon installed the new batteries he checked the voltage to the starter and it showed 3 volts when trying to crank the engine. He replace the batteries and viola - engine power.

If Cummins San Antonio is as efficient and effective with all their customers then they are the preferred service for this RV owner. If anyone is having problems with a Cummins product in San Antonio I would highly recommend them.

Interesting to note that while on the road last week the Fuel Econ on the dash automatically reset to 0 while traveling down the highway and then starting to count the MPG again.  Today when I started out the Fuel Econ was at ---- and then started counting MPG.  I'm going to watch what happens on my way home in a week to see if the dead cell was the culprit causing that.

Wayne.  Have heard that before, nice of you to post a positive, we get as you know, negative daily!  :) 

Dead cell can cause some really strange things to happen...I had 5 in 8 batteries and at the time I was mad, but now I find all the things I chased down, funny!

Carl

We have for many years made the Cummins Southern Plains Shop in San Antonio our primary service center for engine and chassis work.  Frequently it is our last maintenance stop on our way south to the Rio Grande Valley.  The last few years the oil change mileage hasn't favored them but we'll be back there again in the future. 

Wayne, 

Another place to praise this Cummins service center would be in the magazine in the Reader's Forum. It can be done by email, readersforum@fmca.com.

Herman