readysetgo

Class A Tire Covers

On 12/29/2016 at 11:14 AM, jleamont said:

My wood deteriorated last year, I am parked on Horse stall mats now which are made from a dense rubber.

Thoughts?

Good stuff.   Truck mud flaps also work. Might even find some damaged flaps at large junk yard and bet you could get real low cost.

On 11/17/2016 at 11:48 AM, nitehawk said:

I have the ones where I have to lay down on the ground/driveway and fish a bungee cord around the inboard side of each wheel and then push a plastic ball thru a loop. All this to hold the cover in place. Then repeat the process to take them off.

Save yourself aggravation and time and just go ahead and buy the covers that have a built in spring. You merely spread the spring enough to go over the tire O.D. and then release it when the cover is in place. Reverse the process to remove.

Sorry I can't remember the manufacturer but someone here on the site will undoubtedly know who it is.

Yep, I got a set of those from CampingWorld. The whole time I'm fishing around with them I keep thinking "There has to be a better way"

We got the ADCO covers on Amazon two years ago and are still like new and we live in the FL KEYS intense sun. I agree with Brett and Tireman9 about the light colors. When these start to fail I will definitely reorder the same. Also I have never had them blow off as they have an elastic band on the top third that goes over the top of the tire and I do not use the strap on the bottom because yes it is a PITA. My tires are 275/80 22.5 and I put them on before I dump the bags as the tires go up into the wheel wells when air is dumped.

ADCO 3962 Designer Series Tan Tyre Gard Wheel Cover

I also use the horse stall mats, when purchasing them I look for thickest ones for stacking purposes, they work well both to keep the tire and ground surface separated, and an added bonus help in the leveling process. I still am using some as old as ten years.

I found a site that offers the flat "mesh" tire covers in other than black

RV Quick Shades

This is similar to product I checked out in Redmond. They sent me a sample and I would think the White Beige or Grey would work well on flat side RV like most Class-A