amylushoe

Dashboard Air Pressure Gauge Disconnected/broke

I have a Monaco Dynasty 2007 Q4.

I started it up last Wednesday and had an awful noise that turned out to be the pressure alarm, coupled with the loud hissing of air escaping and the air pump work overtime to fill the system.  Turns out that the quick connect for the air pressure gauge, behind the dash had failed and the air was going into the back of the dash as opposed to into the air suspension system.  I believe the air tube blew out of the connection piece.  We were able to re-seat it, the alarm turned off and the gauge worked, until we let go of the quick connect piece.

We put a clamp on the air hose (so it would fill the suspension system) and I drove it to a very reputable Truck Service place about an hour away.  All with the alarm screaming at me.

They've had the coach for 4 days and cannot find a replacement part for the connector.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Monaco was not helpful (surprise!!).  They told the parts manager that they no longer use that part and it has been discontinued. Freightliner said they had similar parts but not the one with the sensor in it.  They've called Camping World and several other RV places to no avail.  Still waiting to hear from the part manufacturer (who's name I have not idea).

I was supposed to take the MH south for the winter.  We just had a big storm (can you say Blizzard) here.  The coach is not winterized . . . and I need to get it south,  Can't move it right now.,

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you for your generous consideration!

Amy

2 hours ago, amylushoe said:

I started it up last Wednesday and had an awful noise that turned out to be the pressure alarm, coupled with the loud hissing of air escaping and the air pump work overtime to fill the system.  Turns out that the quick connect for the air pressure gauge, behind the dash had failed and the air was going into the back of the dash as opposed to into the air suspension system.  I believe the air tube blew out of the connection piece.  We were able to re-seat it, the alarm turned off and the gauge worked, until we let go of the quick connect piece.

With out pictures or being there it is hard to know exactly what is wrong and what to do. I will make a SWAG. You said the hose came out of the connector. I am assuming the connector screws on the gage. Take the connector off the gage. Be careful there may/should be a small ferral that goes around the plastic line. If you have enough slack trim about a 1/2 in off the line. slide the line through the connector slide the ferrule over the line about 3/8 to 1/2 in past the end. re install the connector to the gage. See if that stops the leak.

Hard ware stores often have this type connector I have bought some at a Home Depot in the section with all the brass fittings I bet this is a compression type fitting. Let me know if that works. Take some pictures.

Bill

My 07 Winnebago had that same problem and I had it replaced at Lazy Days in FL. The whole back is plastic, we replaced it with a metal one, it was the only odd gauge in my dash, but it worked for the next 4 years that I had the coach!  After market and don't remember by who.

Rich, that would work.

Carl 

12 hours ago, amylushoe said:

until we let go of the quick connect piece.

OP stated quick disconnect piece, that is reason for question about OD size, many icemaker's use a 1/4 plastic line which actually uses a quick connect fitting, but as stated by WildBill308, hard to know without pictures or sizes. My bus uses 5/16 OD tubing and ferrel type fittings

16 hours ago, amylushoe said:

I believe the air tube blew out of the connection piece.  

Until I see more info or pictures I think the tube just came out of the compression fitting. I have never seen a gage with a quick disconnect in this type aplication.

Bill