ronandsue74

Dallas To Chicago With Grandkids

Question

We are thinking about traveling this summer to Chicago with our two grandkids ages 13 & 8.

We sure would appreciate input on RV places to stay and things to do that our grand children would enjoy.

Thank you,

RJ 2005 CC Inspire 

7 answers to this question

Taking a RV with toad through Chicago will be murder on the pocket book with the tolls you will have to pay. I'm a old folk and loves my grand kids. 

Two negative posts-- sorry.  Let me start over. 

How long do you have?

What kinds of things are you/the kids interested in?

THEN we can suggest a route and things along the way.

RonandSue,

I can think of some interesting places between Texas and Chicago that a young person may enjoy.

How about Silver Dollar City in Branson?

Blake

Branson by itself is an interesting place and if you are an Escapee member you can stay 1/2 mile from "The Landing" for cheap $$.

Take the route through Memphis, stay at the Tom Sawyer RV park, visit Elvis Museum (Kids will say, "Who's Elvis.") The RV Park is right on the Mighty Mississippi River.

Ron & Sue,

There are lots of things going through Missouri with all the caves. Take them to the original Bass Pro Shop in Springfield. When in Chicago don't miss the Museum Of Science and Industry. They have lots of things that will interest both the 13 and 8 year old.    

You might try letting the kids help plan the trip. Let them decide where they would like to go and what they would like to see. It could be both exciting and educational for both. (of course guidance would help.to).

Have a great trip.

Herman 

Brett,

We have up to two weeks.

We all enjoy mostly outdoor activities, hiking, swimming, biking, amusement parks, water parks.

We have done Branson MO twice with the grandkids. Needless to say, they really enjoyed it.

Upon expanding my search beyond the greater Chicago area, it appears the Wisconsin Dells might be a good fit for us.

Thoughts Please!

RJ