manholt

Lamesa, Texas

We are currently in La Verna RV Park, Lamesa, Texas.  Do not recommend this park at all.  $40 for water, Sewage and elect., got the worst part of town next to us and there is no direction on how to enter or where the office is.  Found out it was in the store and it's got a drive up window for all the beer buyers!  Office is run by a 22 and 16 year old girls that are more interested in the beer buyers than you!  After hooking up and going outside to sit down and relax, we noticed a large hole where the Hurricane fence was suppose to be, we asked our neighbor what happened and learned that 2 nights ago, the police was chasing a Meth Dealer, who cut thru the park and took out the fence!  

I did...It's about half way between Burnet and Ruidoso, NM where we will be for 5 days starting tomorrow.  We could not leave Burnet until 11am and I have never stayed in Lamesa before...my bad !:(

Good luck and keep the doors locked.  Hopefully you will be out of there tomorrow and it will just be something you can laugh about in the future.  Hope you are headed to Ruidoso as we spent a couple of really nice nights there over New Years a few years back.

Next stop will be the Ruidoso Coach Ranch, on Hwy 220.  Stayed there for 3 weeks last year!  A little pricy, but you get a lot for the bucks, especially if like me, you play golf ! :) Total access to "Rainmaker" Resort.  

Carl, I just Google earthed that place :wacko: and checked the reviews. From the reviews sounds like a great place to get beer :lol:

Best selection of beer in town. and they have nice vintage porta potties for your convenience. :P I would be shure to write it up in RV Park Reviews. 

Bill

The new place doesn't have a drive through beer window.:angry: I looked on Google Earth and didn't see one porta potty.:huh:

You are right Carl, that place is spendy! More like a north east campground, and all back in.^_^

Bill

All sites are pull thru and about 80 x 10 feet, all dirt, little grass...2 coaches with 4 slides could not fit.  Drive thru is the only way to get beer, next to that is a limited convenience store.  Read really good. 

We are at Ruidoso Coach Ranch....sweet.  I'm going to have my wrist x-rayed tomorrow...maybe broken or really badly sprained... another story!