talldog

Monaco Windsor Entry Door

talldog.  Welcome to the Forum!

REV Group is now the Manufacturer of the Monaco line up.  Call the tech department, with your VIN number handy!  If that don't  work, then call around RV junk yards or locate an industrial Plasma Shop, they can and will do a copy....I had a bay door replaced that way last January. 

Here is the link for the REV Group.  You will find Monaco listed on that page and can get to the service center and parts department from there.  If you have your owners manual, the phone number listed in the manual still works and will get you directly to the Monaco Switchboard.  You will want to know the last six digits of the vehicle serial number, not the VIN.  Monaco uses that six digit number to identify all their coaches in their records.

There have been numerous discussions and links to salvage yards but I'm unable to locate a link.  I'm going to keep looking...

Here we go, this is an extensive listing.  Colaw is located in the central US if you are nearby but there are salvage yards all over the country.  These places do ship so you don't have to travel to get parts if a supplier isn't nearby.

Another resource for parts, check out this recent posting.  If you just need a replacement part for the door, not the entire door you might find what you need here.

Go to "www.colawrv.com" or call 417-548-2125. They have a number of Monaco coaches in their salvage lot. Look under used parts then type in Monaco. I found 5 or 6 Monacos there. Windsor, Knights and Dynasty.

There prices are reasonable and will take them off for you.

Herman 

45 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Sounds to me like an :wub:. But don't worry, we have all been there and will probably revisit there many more times.

Herman

Now I was thinking rot or something like that from leaving it open in the rain

The door has been difficult to open for a while.A recent repair place apparently thought it was jammed and tried to open with a screwdriver, crowbar or similar.

All the screws on the bottom hinge were broken off.   I'm thinking it might be cheaper to replace the door rather than try to drill out the dozen small screws. But so far I haven't been able to locate a door. Monaco has no information. They don't even have design data to allow someone to fabricate a door.

Talldog,

Bummer....you gotta love some of those repair places that think a crowbar and hammer will fix stuff.  Did they try to oil the top and bottom latching mechanisms?  When our Windsor door starts to get tough to open I squirt a bit of WD40 in the latches and that has freed up the door every time.

Blake

Our door had been difficult to open for quite a while.  A repair shop we had look at it said it was misaligned.  Thankfully it was too big a job to tackle, we were on the road and wanted to move on.  So they didn't break out the crowbar.  Sometime later I had the door jerked from my hand by a strong gust of wind.  That bent the hinges, mostly the top hinge.  It was now almost impossible to close and the top hinge was visibly deformed.  We were parked in a friends driveway and he helped me remove the door and the hinges.  We straightened both hinges with the big hammer cure.  When we put them back on, the door opened like it was new!  

Since then I've lost the door to another gust (couldn't be loosing my grip) and the hinge bent again.  Once bent easier the next time...  So I ordered and received a new set of hinges.  Now I have new ones and I'm working on my grip.  Haven't had a golf club go flying for months now...