obedb

I-40 Across Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma

Question

Many times across both over the years but not since 2005. How is I-40 this year west bound  across Arkansas and I-40  headed to Oklahoma City?  Been very rough off and on over the years. Want to take both west this year.  

The same with I-30 between Dallas and Little Rock.:D The permanent construction zone

TZSTRANGE, welcome to the forum. I think it is funny that they put up signage to tell you that the road is rough. How about just fixing the road.

Bill 

I was hoping things had gotten better. Oh well! We will run I-70 west out of PA and head west on I-44 to Oak City. I-44 was good two years ago; hopefully still is. It is only 88 miles further to the San Luis Valley vs running I-70 west to Limon, CO and US 24 to I-25.  And we can stop at the Big Texan in Amarillo for some Rocky Mountain Oysters. 👌

I was hoping things had gotten better. Oh well! We will run I-70 west out of PA and head west on I-44 to Oak City. I-44 was good two years ago; hopefully still is. It is only 88 miles further to the San Luis Valley vs running I-70 west to Limon, CO and US 24 to I-25.  And we can stop at the Big Texan in Amarillo for some Rocky Mountain Oysters. 👌

I would suspect that a lot of road money, goes for other projects!  The main thing that I don't understand, why widen a Interstate from 2 to 3 lanes, when you know that you'll need 5 when you gat finished with 3!  There are so many roads that needs fixing, so it can't  be a job security issue!

You could spend the next 40 years, just doing I-5 in CA!:wacko:

Carl, something I learned a few years ago, every leader has to come up with a good idea to put their name under, so each one widens one lane and they each have an accomplishment task under their name on the wall. I see this often in business, most times its hilarious and obvious :ph34r:

1 hour ago, manholt said:

:lol::lol:

I did not want to be flippant about it..:P

You should know by now my PC went away, well never really had it :lol:!

I live in OKC. I-40 from Arkansas to OKC isn't really too bad. There's a few spots you may want to drive in the left lane at times, it's smoother. We do have new signs though that say don't impede. Just pay attention to your mirrors and pull over if someone wants around you. 

6 hours ago, malexander said:

I live in OKC. I-40 from Arkansas to OKC isn't really too bad. There's a few spots you may want to drive in the left lane at times, it's smoother. We do have new signs though that say don't impede. Just pay attention to your mirrors and pull over if someone wants around you. 

Any idea how east of you looks to the Mississippi River?