richardmcmurtry

Roof A/C Circuit Breakers: Rexhall Vision 2000

I am new to FMCA and a new owner of a Rexhall 2000 Vision Mobile Home.  I can not get the roof air conditioner to work despite plugging in to my residence electrical system and despite having turned on the generator.   I did get it working for a few minutes, but then it started pushing hot air into the room and now it won't go on at all.    This behaves like there is a thrown circuit breaker, but I have been all over the unit and can find only the 20 amp and 30 amp battery disconnects which a threw and re-threw to no effect.    I can find no manuals on line, no forums, nothing.

Is is 113 F in the shade here; I need some help getting the AC to work.

Can anyone at least tell me how I could find out if there are circuit breakers on this unit and if so where they are?

Richard

Richard, 

Welcome to the Forum. 

Your A/C units work on shore power or the generator. You should  have a A.C panel with breakers for your Air Conditioners. Find that and check for a triped breaker. 

Herman 

Richard.  Welcome to the Forum!  Welcome to FMCA!

Herman needs another cup of coffee!  Have you taken off the shroud on your AC units and checked to see if your getting juice, there are a couple of diodes and a relay up there.  Also any dirt and debris on the fan, fan motor, condenser should be cleaned off each year.  Freon level?

Upper right of main Forum page, there is a search box, type in AC and click on search...there are a number of in depth discussions on your problem.  

On 9/2/2017 at 8:22 PM, richardmcmurtry said:

I am new to FMCA and a new owner of a Rexhall 2000 Vision Mobile Home.  I can not get the roof air conditioner to work despite plugging in to my residence electrical system and despite having turned on the generator.   I did get it working for a few minutes, but then it started pushing hot air into the room and now it won't go on at all.    This behaves like there is a thrown circuit breaker, but I have been all over the unit and can find only the 20 amp and 30 amp battery disconnects which a threw and re-threw to no effect.    I can find no manuals on line, no forums, nothing.

Is is 113 F in the shade here; I need some help getting the AC to work.

Can anyone at least tell me how I could find out if there are circuit breakers on this unit and if so where they are?

Richard

Richard, welcome to the forum. Did you check the circuit breaker in your house to see if it tripped? Go on the roof and see if the fan motor will turn freely.

Let us know what you find.

Bill 

I would be on the roof in early morning. Maybe sooner if I really wanted to troubleshoot the AC.

Richard, How big is the circuit breaker in your house for the outlet you are plugged into?

Bill

Hello everyone. My coach is a 1995 beaver marquis. The rear AC stopped working for some reason. Just makes a loud crunching sound when i turn it on. I am guessing it's coming from the compressor. The roof top air conditioners are original to the coach, given its age i am not interested in wasting time troubleshooting the bad unit. I plan on moving the working AC from the front to the back and putting a heat pump up front. Are there any trick to figuring out what to replace the faulty unit with. The current AC units are Duo-therm 13,500 BTU ducted air conditioners. I plan on bumping up to 15K BTU heat pump. Am i confined to putting in duo-therm units or does it not matter? I plan on replacing the thermostat as well. The thermostat needs to operate the aquahot system as well. Any helpful ideas / guidance will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Rick

1 hour ago, rcoon2 said:

Am i confined to putting in duo-therm units or does it not matter?

Should not make any difference as to what brand. Be sure to check what size breaker the new unit requires, if larger you will need to make sure what size wire is used and not put in a larger breaker than the wire can handle. 15 amp breaker is usually on 14 gauge wire and is ok. If larger breaker is required, 20 amp requires 12 gauge. Many manufacturers use 12 gauge wire and install a 15 amp breaker, in this case, you could move to a 20 amp if needed, but please do not up the breaker size if the wire will not support it, I do not want to hear of a coach burning.