Dotson1813

RV Satellite Service Recommendation

Nearly all of the Dish HD programming is on the 129 satellites.  If you only receive 25 channels on this ancient antenna but you are paying for 100+ channels I see at least 1 problem here.  If you don't then that's good for you and Dish is happy to have you pay full price for 10% service.

Dish has HUGE issues with reception for domes built prior to 2013(ish).  Saying Dish has no issues means you don't understand the problems being discussed here.

Dish started the option listed below a few months ago.  Only problem is the time of evening they will be on since they are from the west cost.

"Never miss a moment of your favorite shows on major networks like ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC – no matter where you roam! Add Distant Network Service*** to your package for just $10/mo and you will have HD channels from Los Angeles wherever you go, meaning you can watch your favorite Thursday night comedies even if you are hundreds of miles from home."

Only problem with the LA locals is the time.  The LA programming comes on way too late for me.  While in Emerald Cove (Erp, CA) on the Colorado River a couple of years ago, I called to change my locals and because I was in CA, I got the LA locals.  Realizing how late the late shows came on, I called right back a few minutes later and gave them an address in Phoenix and they switched me to the Phoenix locals which aired the late shows and the news an hour or two earlier.  I was able to watch the news and late shows and get a good night's sleep too!

Now it they offered the east coast or at least central time network shows, it would be worth it to me.  Earlier is better for me.

Bill A,

If you have a Wineguard dome and have signal issues, call Wineguard and they will sell you a Traveler 1000 at a very nice discount. Rounded off, new $950 and remanufactured $750. New = 2 years parts, 1 year labor. Remand = 1 year parts & labor. My remand. I swear was brand new. The only request was that you send a picture of the destroyed dome.

Herman 

Most of the conversations that I've seen comparing Satellite Antennas are comparing the Winegard and King models.   Does anyone have any feedback on the KVH line?  As a reformed boater I'm more familiar with their products but not how they fare in the RV world.

KVH has mostly left the RV business to run it's course.  No manufacturer that I am aware of installs them and there are very few RV dealers who install or service the units.  I see it that KVH is more interested in the boating, business and Military business (likely a good idea!).

If you have one and it works thats great.  If you are looking to buy something I would stick with Winegard or King Control products.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:50 PM, hermanmullins said:

Bigbillsd do you by some chance volunteer in parking at National?

Herman,  I am not sure what that means..   It appears I haven't been back to this forum in a while as I just saw this.  -Bill