Dougswinnebago

Norcold N822 C Fault

12v power to board is good. I replaced the power board thinking their might be a board issue. New board=same problem! Still a C fault. With 12v wires disconnected the supply power is 12v strong. When the wires are connected to the power board the readings fluctuate from 8-ish to 10-ish volts?? It’s in a class A Winnebago 33V. With the engine running my supply voltage is 14v strong but the C fault again remains. Any ideas or suggestions?? 

Check for a bad ground.  If ok run a wire from the battery to the board and check voltage assuming the battery voltage was ok when you were reading 8-10 volts at the board.

Wow! It seems that my circuit breaker is failing under a load!!! Power directly from the battery was the ticket. Troubleshot back from there. I was fixated on the fridge being the issue. Thank you very much. On to the next problem:blink:LOL!

To go a little further in troubleshooting:

Yes, could be a weak circuit breaker.  Replace it with the same low-amp new one.  If problem continues, may have a bare spot in the positive wire to the refrigerator causing a high draw. If so, either locate the problem area or just run a new wire.

I believe the wire is good. Their was another 6amp circuit breaker so I pulled the wire off of that one and hooked up the fridge there. It worked beautifully! I have not tried to locate a new breaker yet. Is there a “best place” to get those kinds of things?