tds

2001 Safari Zanzibar Dash Blower Insufficent Volume

I have 2001 Safari Zanzibar with a ACME dash a/c unit and it seems like it is not putting out very much air when heating or a/c. I removed the blower and tested all the speeds and it worked fine.

I saw that the damper arm was opening by watching the damper arm on side of unit next to blower motor. I crawled under the front of motorhome to check if air intake  was plugged it seemed ok and the damper was opened. I can feel little air on the drivers side vents and little on passenger.

When I turned on foot vents a lot of air came out but those are small vents. Very little air on defrost. Is this how these work. 77000 miles .

Looks like blower fan has been replaced.

Looks like it has  three dampers on this unit. What is the likely hood of one of those not opening.

New owner.

Thanks Troy

I can't speak specifically to your brand but at least on mine the ducts run from the blower box to all the outlets including defrost. If one or more ducts have come apart then the air just blows wildly. You may need to pull the dash apart to trace all the ducts and see if any are cracked or pinched off. Good luck.

I have been there and if you PM me I will explain an in depth solution. Believe me you will be amazed at what you will find from construction and an improvement in air movement. I have two coaches one a 2001 Zanzibar and a 1999 Panther. Yes the Z needs a new home

Bill

I found the problem. The wrong blower had been installed . Went down to auto parts store and got a GM blower for a  Chevy S-10 . Same mounting base ,same blower blades  but opposite direction . I have all kinds of air coming out now. Only difference it had electrical plug hookup.