drakeygirl

2005 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Driver Seat Adjustment

2005 Holiday Rambler Vacationer.  Front driver seat will not turn around.  It will go forward clear up under dash but not back enough for comfortable driving.  Anyway to fix this problem.  It is hard on knees when driving for longer periods of time.  It seems like it might have been installed wrong.  

You should have a cable release. You should have two small levers on the side of the chair. 1 for the recline (should be the back one) and 1 for the swivel (should be the front one). The cable may have come out or is broken. You should be able to lay on the floor, lift up the skirt of the chair and see the cable and release. 

Herman 

Drakeygirl, 

We seem to be talking on two different things on the seat. Which are we having problems with, not turning around or not going back far enough?

If not turning around,  see my earlier post. If not going back far enough then you my have to move your slide rails back. You can not move the pedestal since it is a steel plate under the floor.  You will need to be careful in moving your seat too far back if you have a front drivers side slide.

If I move my seat all the way back I can't reach the pedals and I am 6' 2" and just over 200 lbs.

I know Carl in 6' 7" and to my knowledge he hasn't modified he seat. (He does have a bit of a problem in a VW  bug though)🤗

Herman 

There is a chance someone has changed the position of the seat on top of the pedestal. Look and see. Be aware as Herman said you don't want it to far back. I would make shure it clears the slide when the slide is in. In the parts listed at this site it looks like you might be able to move the seat back on the pedestal.

https://www.coachsupplydirect.com/rv-products/rv-seating-parts/

Bill

Do you have a wall slide behind the driver? It could be blocked off i.e. a bolt installed on the seat track to stop it from going back farther to prevent an error while closing the slide with the seat all the way back. I would take a peek under the seat, maybe snap a photo or two and post them on here.

Herman, back when I was 6' 9" (You shrink with age) I had a VW Bug and a Porsche, lots of leg room! :wub:

I have, in 50 years, never found a need to move my drivers seat in a Class A !  Got to be an obstruction.  Have had busted wires in the swivel.