jerry55lee

Surge Protector Recommendations

7 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Okay, here goes. Locks, whether padlock or door lock, are to keep the honest people out.  A knowledgeable thief will easily  defeat any of them. The only protection locks have are for those "ride-through-thieves that are looking for an easy mark.  Your entry door lock can be popped with a screwdriver as well as your bay doors.

With that said, in the nine years I have owned a PT-50C I have always locked it to the pedestal with a heavy chain and two padlocks.  Now let me say that with the padlocks the heel of a shoe smacked against a 50 cent piece a couple times will open the lock.  Well 50 cent pieces are not that widely in circulation but hammers and screwdrivers are. Makes a lot of noise but 30 seconds is all that is needed. 

Peace of mind is what I look for and securing it in any fashion will satisfy the insurance companies

I can open any padlock with two open end wrenches.  You never believe how easy it is.  

21 hours ago, huffypuff said:

I can open any padlock with two open end wrenches.  You never believe how easy it is.  

What size wrench! I have the vision though.

What I always wanted to know! :P  I don't normally carry all those tools with me, including a lock pick and a zip tie that's been made into a master key!  :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Does it need to be metric?

Bill

Only if it is a foreign lock.

6 hours ago, manholt said:

What I always wanted to know! :P  I don't normally carry all those tools with me, including a lock pick and a zip tie that's been made into a master key!  :rolleyes:

Just ask your neighbor - he has them.

Let's face it locks are to keep honest people honest. If you use the bolt cutters I posted about earlier you can have the surge guard and the copper cable.;) And a lot faster than that guy opening the lock.

Bill