paulh

Coming To America: Accommodations In FL

Question

We are English members since 1991 and are traveling to the US in Jan 2018 coming on the Queen Elizabeth to NY and spending 6 weeks touring in a car.

I am looking for about 10 nights accommodation in Florida City. Any ideas please.

10 answers to this question

Welcome from across the pond.

Hopefully those familiar with Florida may know of some CG's that do rent cabins or trailers-- alternatives to hotels.

As I am sure you are aware, January is high season in FL.

6 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

That are was pretty hard-hit by Hurricane Irma, so verify that you get current/post-Hurricane information.

Will do thanks for the tip, are we better off booking when we get down there

11 hours ago, paulh said:

We are English members since 1991 and are traveling to the US in Jan 2018 coming on the Queen Elizabeth to NY and spending 6 weeks touring in a car.

I am looking for about 10 nights accommodation in Florida City. Any ideas please.

If you are traveling by car you would be looking for hotels, right?

They are looking for a cabin or trailer to rent in an RV park. Look back a few posts.  Apparently they want to be around RVers. 

You both got it skewed...they are in a rented car and looking for accommodations for 10 days...Brett suggested a park with cabins or trailers for rent....Hotel, cabin. trailer.  They are FMCA members! 

Greetings paulh,

You might want to look into the many cabin and cottage rentals available at the many KOA campgrounds in Florida. There are over 20 RV parks throughout. Some really nice.

Just go to KOA.com and search Florida. 

And yes, I would book now.