Sign in to follow this  
peterk

England Calling: 28ft Gulf Stream On 1990 Oshkosh Chassis

Hi

Firstly I must apologize to Kay, sorry  I did not reply (some work & health issues) yes, I managed to locate the proper Wheel Stud sockets.

Secondly, somebody kindly sent me a Workshop manual for the Oshkosh 1990 Chassis,but somehow I've managed to loose the file, can I kindly ask if somebody could email me a copy to (peterkukla928@gmail.com) please, if there's a cost please let me know.

Thirdly, would anybody know the Torque settings for the Front Axle to axle spring  U bolts, and lastly what is the Toe In measurement for the front axle. ???

An update for those kind helpful hearts within the club, we've done around 7,000 miles in the Gulf Stream since we purchased her. We've rebuilt all the Brake Calipers, and now have good brakes (rather a novelty) and they're getting better. We've installed a dual fuel kit, Diesel / LGP and the power difference is amazing and so far a 10% benefit in Diesel consumption  but the added pulling power up hills is remarkable. We have also fitted a Exhaust Gas Temperature probe and that's been a big help in monitoring what's going on.

We have a Cummins 6BT (150hp) and fitting this dual fuel system has transformed its pulling power.  We've just had the front Road Springs rebuilt as they had flattened out and fitting new Shocks front and rear.

Sorry to have to ask for a re copy of the Technical Manual,  getting older and a bit more forgetful.

Very Best regards to all in the US of A.

Peter & Rayne

Many thanks everybody, I'm old school like you guys re metric / imperial.  BUT I purchased an electronic  Caliper, its great press a button and it flicks from Metric to imperial.

Best regards

Peter & Rayne

An update for those kind helpful hearts within the club, we've done around 7,000 miles in the Gulf Stream since we purchased her.

That's a lot of miles in the Gulf Stream. I would be constantly checking for water leaking into the coach and for salt water induced rust. Salt water can also wreak havoc on the electronics.

Peter, Glad that you have her up and running !  Are You driving around the Island or taking the tunnel under the channel and traveling around France? 

Have a Marry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

Tip a pint for you cousins across the pond, we are a few hrs. behind you on this side of the pond.

Rich.

Rich, a few?  My family in Norway are getting ready for bed now....the 8 year old get's up early, 5am and daylight comes at 10am!