Sign in to follow this  
tojomi

Replacing Radiator: 2005 Monaco Signature

I need to replace the radiator in my 2005 Monaco Signature.  The engine is an ISX 525 Cummins.  I have 3 questions. 

1. Does anyone know the part number for the replacement radiator?

2. How labor intensive/complicated is the replacement process?

3. Does it require any special equipment?

Thanks in advance!

My first question why does it need replacing? Second are the tanks any good, that is do they leak. Is the core Bad? The cheapest repair if the tanks are good is to recore it. Is it a side radiator coach or a rear radiator? The difficulty is reduced substantially if it is a side radiator coach. Call Monaco for the part number, rather the REV group in Oregon...Google REV group. If it is a side and that big ISX you will need a floor jack cause it is going to be heavy.  

tojomi,

I had mine done 2 years ago. It is one job best left to the professionals. Yours is a side mounted unit. It has to come out from the bottom. and the coach must be raised high enough for it to be lowered out the bottom. I had mine done in Denton Texas at Inland Truck Parts. They did a great job.

There is a company in Oregon called Source Engineering that will make you a new radiator, they have all part numbers, for around $4,000.00 plus freight. From all I had heard they do great work. Inland truck Parts removed mine sent it to Dallas where it was recored and put it back in with new clamps hoses and all the fluids for the same price.   

Good Luck.

Herman

tojomi,  I had my radiator replaced by cummins N power. I had the radiator shipped to them by Source Eng. Depending on your floor plan there could be more than one rad. that goes into your coach. I agree with Herman, it is one of those jobs best left to the pros. The rad will have to come out and in my case I figured because it is labor intensive, why not just put a new one in. Good Luck. Smokeater75.

There is no question it if you want a new one Source Engineering is the place...excellent products. Replacing a radiator in my coach was a piece of cake. It was no less costly however. But the effort to gain access was a piece of cake and all it required was a floor jack, no lifting of the coach involved...nice.

I have had my radiator replaced and it was ordered from Radiator Supply House 4 years age for my 06 Country Coach shipped to Quinn Cat in Calif. Total cost $5400

https://radiatorsupplyhouse.com/products/motorhomes-rv/ 

My daughter just had there radiator replaced and they have an 05 Monaco. They called Jim at Source Engineering then they called Supply House and there price was a lot less even having it shipped to Fairbanks, Alaska by a few hundred.  Both places had to build the radiator. Just call around for the best price.

http://sourcerv.com

Jim has installed the wax valve and comfort ride valves on my coach. 

2 stroker

I had to replace one of my two, they are 8 gallons each, last year. I called diesel radiator in Chicago for pricing, waited three weeks with no return call. I called Bryco in Gadsden Al, took the core to them and was quoted $2000.00 to completely overhaul, they shipped it to Dallas Tx., with a return date of 9 working days. While it was away, Diesel radiator (the original manufacturer) of the radiator called me, their price was $1548.00 new, no core exchange. Wow, wish you would have called me three weeks ago.

This post is November 13, you have another recent post about the height, weight of your coach, so that you can have it towed 1,000 miles to your garage!  Are you broke down again, or is this an ongoing problem?  I'm very confused...:blink::wacko: