jeepers

Washington DC

Looking for help or suggestions on RV Parks or Private Property to stay at in the Washington DC Area.
My wife and I will be there in 2018 (end of August, all of September, and part of October) about 2 months to see the town, and surrounding areas, Virginia, Marylin, Delaware...

Looking for a place to stay that has good access to DC, and or public transportation to DC.
Prefer 50 amp electric, water and sewer required. No other amenities required but prefer a nicer place to stay.

Any suggestions or recommendations on places to stay are appreciated. Additionally if you know of must see Parks, Museums, Factory tours, Restaurants, or other places of interest that are not generally found on the usual websites / tourist brochures then let me know. Like to see the different and off beat attractions.

Thanks
Johnny
Missoula MT. / Mesa, AZ

Cherry Hill RV Park is the best around, I think.  Not sure for that length of time - they may have longer term rentals.  The city bus stops at their entrance - as a matter of fact, it turns around on their property - and delivers you to the Metro.  From there, you can go about anywhere in DC.

3 hours ago, JEEPERS said:
Looking for help or suggestions on RV Parks or Private Property to stay at in the Washington DC Area.
My wife and I will be there in 2018 (end of August, all of September, and part of October) about 2 months to see the town, and surrounding areas, Virginia, Marylin, Delaware...

Looking for a place to stay that has good access to DC, and or public transportation to DC.
Prefer 50 amp electric, water and sewer required. No other amenities required but prefer a nicer place to stay.

Any suggestions or recommendations on places to stay are appreciated. Additionally if you know of must see Parks, Museums, Factory tours, Restaurants, or other places of interest that are not generally found on the usual websites / tourist brochures then let me know. Like to see the different and off beat attractions.

Thanks
Johnny
Missoula MT. / Mesa, AZ

Welcome to the forum. For the amenities you listed the only recommendation is. 

Cherry Hill Park, College Park, MD, 9800 Cherry Hill Rd, College Park, MD 20740

cherryhillpark.com,   (301) 937-7116

I think I see a pattern. They even have some one to teach you how to use the Metro and what train and what stops for what you want to see.

I would call now and make your reservation.

Bill

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:22 AM, kaypsmith said:

Don't miss the stature of Paul Revere while in DC!:) Wish I had time to tell the story, LOL.

OH BOY!! :lol: I can only imagine :lol:...

3rd or 4th Cherry Hill! Went there twice, loved it both times!

Well, 1975 was my first trip to DC, we were trying to get to the capital building, ten different policemen told me to turn left on some street, not Pennsylvania, just 2 blocks past Paul Revere statue. I passed 10 different Paul Revere's, commented to my wife that they must have really loved Paul Revere, anyway the tenth police officer said, "I'll show you the way", he then cranked his motorcycle and proceeded, we only saw Paul one more time. Long story short, he was telling me the wrong name for the street that I was supposed to turn, the road that I was on was one that actually circled around the capital, but was far away enough that you could still not see the dome, LOL!:rolleyes:

Folks are talking about Cherry Hill and they are nice AND expensive. If you dont mind a 35 min drive, the KOA in Millersville aint bad, they are about 15 to 20 bucks cheaper and Ill even come hang out at the camp ground. 

If you are looking for long term stay of more than 7 days (Not sure if I read your comment right) then there are a few other places to stay to keep funds in your pocket

1. Ramblin Pines ( YOU NEEEEEEED a car to get to DC from here) but is 40 min 
I70 to Route 32 to I95 S and your in DC 
They have all the Amenities you want
They are $860 a month +/- a few bucks 
They have Firewood, Level spaces and close to a 24 hour McDonalds for the late night munchies. 

2.There are a Few State Parks in Northern VA how ever they many not let you stay 2 Months. 

Another option for you - If you dont mind moving around a bit - Explore DC, Baltimore, and the check out Shenandoah neck or the woods and Southern PA. DC is so close to all of the above there is NOOOO reason to miss it if you can help it. Beautiful country that time of year and Ill twist JLeamont arm and we could meet you in Gettysburg for some fun too. 

Happy Travels.

Way back in 1969, I had a apartment for 3 month's in Alexandria, VA...even with a driver, I found out, that there is no such thing as a 30/40 minute drive to anywhere in DC.  Must be at 3am!!!  I can only imagine what it is now!

This KOA you speak of. That's where you talked us into for the up coming holiday? :D

Carl, can't imagine you in Alexandria VA :wacko:. The highways are much better now around the chaos but once off of those it's a mess. We liked Cherry Hill for D.C. so we can hop on mass transit in the park and go.

I don't know what brought this back to the surface. I agree with Kenon there are other places to stay but BUT I still like and recommend Chery Hill because of it's easy access to public transportation.They even have some one to teach you how to use the Metro and what train and what stops for what you want to see.

One thing I didn't mention before about DC. If you contact your Congressman or Senators office there are VIP Tours you can apply for, such as The White House, The United States Capitol, The Bureau of Engraving and Printing + others.

The one I liked the most was The Monument Tour through the Department of the Interior. This has to be requested by you congressman or Senator for you.

The difference is, yes you can go to all of the monuments by yourself. Fight the crowds lots of walking the waiting in line. When we went on the tour we showed up at the correct door at the Department of Interior and there were 6 people going on the tour. We were issued 1 each government van and one each park ranger and we went on tour. Well at the Washington Monument there is no parking, no problem our ranger pules up on the sidewalk parks the van and said "Lets go". We get over to the elevator and there are about 50 people waiting in line. Our Ranger walked over and said to the ranger running the elevator "I have a VIP tour hear" The reply was "you are next" and that is the difference between doing a VIP tour and doing it on your own. We did all the major monuments in one long day with our own park ranger to answer questions and give narrative.;)

Bill

I took notice. We will be on the East Coast this summer.

Any idea on what the correct question is for the Senator to approve the tour?

17 hours ago, jleamont said:

This KOA you speak of. That's where you talked us into for the up coming holiday? :D

Carl, can't imagine you in Alexandria VA :wacko:. The highways are much better now around the chaos but once off of those it's a mess. We liked Cherry Hill for D.C. so we can hop on mass transit in the park and go.

Ummm Humm, but it didnt take much convening.    ---  Lets see, Full Hookups CHECK   Stuff to Do  CHECK   The Hayes' will be there CHECK  Campfires Allowed   CHECK   

No BullSharks to Kiss in the Mouth!  CHECK CHECK CHECK

Sounds to me like one heck of a party!

1 hour ago, wayne77590 said:

Are you a Crook Today?

Wayne. 

I would tell the Senator, how much you appreciate the work he has done, on behalf of Texas.  Stroke it !  Then how you have always wanted to go on a tour of ? They blow smoke up ours, you might want to return the favor! :lol:

Keon.

Compared to the Senators of the East and West coast, ours are Angels! :)

15 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Not hard but you need a good amount of lead time. The staffers take care of the details. Look at both your congressman's and senators website. Some show more than others. If you can only get one the Monument Tour's is the one. 

Bill