jdavidhopkins65

New Michelin RV tires in Jacksonville Florida

I have a 2011 Newmar Ventana and need to replace the tires based on age of the tires.  I checked the date codes and they are from 2008. I have looked at Toyo tires and Michelin tires.  Any suggestions between Toyo and Michelin?  Where is the best place to get new tires and what tire company in Jax honors the FMCA Michelin advantage program.

JD.  Welcome to the Forum!

I got my last 8 in Eugene, OR....no State Tax & used FMCA Fleet.  As for FL., no clue, just wanted to wish you welcome! :)

Thanks for commenting.  The tires I have are 305/70R-22.5 and I didn't see that size available on the Continental program.  The normal prices if be getting between the Toyo and Michelin is basically the savings shown using the Michelin program.

I'm getting new tires on my 2002 Newmar Kountry Star 38Ft Diesel Pusher this spring. There are Firestones on it now, that have a build date of 2008. I went to a commercial tire store, and asked about tires. I have 275/70R/22.5's now. He sells a few different brands, and first thing he said was that Michelin AZA2's are the way to go. I am using the FMCA discount, getting 6 for about $3600. Balanced, long stainless valve stems, installed, and old tires taken away. I don't like spending money I don't have to, but tires are a very important safety item on any vehicle, but especially  on an RV with all the weight. If you look at almost any high end RV, they have Michelins on them. Time will tell if I am making the right decision.

19jcm79.  Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

As you can see by my post above.  I have Michelins now, 8 of them, I run 315/80R/22,5 in front.  The rest are 295/80R.  I will be getting new tires again, in 2020 and they will be Goodrich, by Michelin.  Less expensive, they're not paying for all the advertisement, so less over head and they are just as good, as the one's I have now!

Safty is number 1 consideration, when your pushing 56,000 pounds down the Highway.  :):)

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 0:45 PM, jdavidhopkins65 said:

I have a 2011 Newmar Ventana and need to replace the tires based on age of the tires.  I checked the date codes and they are from 2008. I have looked at Toyo tires and Michelin tires.  Any suggestions between Toyo and Michelin?  Where is the best place to get new tires and what tire company in Jax honors the FMCA Michelin advantage program.

Just curious, but is that unusual for a manufacturer to put 3 year old tires on a new coach?  I haven't looked for the date codes on my tires yet but just assumed they were from 2016 or 2017.  If FL sent them to Newmar with 2015 tires on the chassis I'm not going to be happy!

Joe S. 

It happens all the time.  Tires are ordered by the chassis builder and put on prior to shipment to coach manufacturer, then you get coach...It's up to the buyer to be aware!  Do you check DOT when you buy a new car, or that trailer you got, or the trike?

On 3/1/2018 at 8:46 AM, manholt said:

Joe S. 

It happens all the time.  Tires are ordered by the chassis builder and put on prior to shipment to coach manufacturer, then you get coach...It's up to the buyer to be aware!  Do you check DOT when you buy a new car, or that trailer you got, or the trike?

People simply do not check DOT on cars etc as the tires will wear out before they age out.

Yes people need to be more informed on RV tires as it can easily be a year between tires going on a chassis and the coach being built. Another year at a dealer.

Record all your DOT serials and keep with your other important info such as when you changed oil or did other maintenance.