cruiser56

New Front Tires

I bought a used coach 2 yrs ago and at the time the front tires, (Michelin) were 2yrs old and the rear were 6yr. I bargained the price to replace the back and got new Toyo's. This weekend I was out walking around coach and noticed the front tires cracking, double checked date code only 4yrs old. Coach was stored indoor by previous owner. Anyway I want to replace my front tires and am looking for recommendations, not really leaning toward Michelin as I hear cracking is an issue.

Thanks

Hi Cruiser56. Welcome to the forum. Why not look at the Continental program? I went that way and saved over $100.00 on the Continentals over the discount on the Michelin tires.  You can read the post further down in tires.  If you have any questions just ask.

Bill

Cruiser, if you are pleased with the Toyos why not stay with the same on the front? When having the rear tire all the same and they all have the same Date code be sure and have them mounted with the date code facing out. The same with the Fronts. It makes it much easier to check the dates.

Herman

Cruiser, at a recent forum, we were informed by a tire guru (NOT a Michelin guy) that if Michelins sit for a long time, they will show very thin spider type surface cracks.  He stated these cracks are from the substance Michelin puts in their tires to prolong their life.  I noticed this on my coach, and once driven, the cracks disappeared.  Take your coach out and drive it....see if the cracks go away before purchasing new tires.

Have been having problem with the ride on my 2016 Entegra.  Had Goodyear 295's.  After much research found this, that tire weight is important.  Never knew.  The Goodyear is  a 90 pound tire and is lite compared to other 295 tires.  Changed to Toyo tires which weight over 130 pounds.  Unbelievable improvement in ride and handling.  Also installed Super Steer Motion Control Units front and rear.  Greatly reduced sway and body roll, especially when driving in and out of driveways and uneven road surfaces. 

1 hour ago, VCOREIL said:

Have been having problem with the ride on my 2016 Entegra.  Had Goodyear 295's.  After much research found this, that tire weight is important.  Never knew.  The Goodyear is  a 90 pound tire and is lite compared to other 295 tires.  Changed to Toyo tires which weight over 130 pounds.  Unbelievable improvement in ride and handling.  Also installed Super Steer Motion Control Units front and rear.  Greatly reduced sway and body roll, especially when driving in and out of driveways and uneven road surfaces. 

Welcome to the forum. I have to ask where you found this fact? That heavier tires ride and handle better. If you believe they do that is all that matters.

Bill

I agree with Herman except. I suggest that whenever you can you record the FULL DOT serial of every tire and keep that info with your important papers like when you did maintenance such as oil change etc.

That way if you hear about a recall you don't have to go and check your tires, just read your "Fact Sheet"