winbett

New tires

I am replacing 8 tires on a 2012 Tour to do some serious travelling next few years, michilien have 3, any thoughts or experience which one is best for higher mileage and smooth ride. Also interested on any thoughts as to balancing methods , last set I just through in the bags and worked fine, Loves are reccommending centramatic system at 500 in lnstead of 50 for sand.m

winbett.  Morning and welcome!

Balancing=what you got, unless your unhappy!  What tires you got now?  You can stay with same or go one load range up and get Goodrich...that's what I'm doing in 2020 on my 45 foot AC!

winbett,

I have been running on Good G670 tires since we bought our coach in 2017. It is a 2002 Monaco Dynasty with a tag. They are what Monaco put on when new.

They ride well and all have aged out before wearing out. G670s ar Load Range "H" with a Max Load Limit of 7,830 lbs @125psi.

If you are anywhere near the Dallas Ft. Worth area let me know I have a great dealer for them.

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins
Too many Zeros in year.

Don't forget to change out the rubber parts (gaskets & "O" rings etc) of your valves and related parts such as extension hoses when you get new tires. These rubber parts age out too but it is easy to forget their "age" as they are not marked. Changing when you change tires makes it easy to remember. large tire dealerships should be able to change the rubber without having to buy an entire new bolt in valves.

Be sure to record the full DOT serial, including date portion, of each tire when you buy them and keep this info with other important papers. A lot easier to do when the dealer is mounting them.

Before you leave the tire store ask if the dealer "registered" your ownership of the tires with the tire company. That way you can be notified if there is ever a tire recall. Here is a post on tire registration and why it is important.

On Fri Feb 23 2018 at 8:57 AM, hermanmullins said:

winbett,

I have been running on Good G670 tires since we bought our coach in 2017. It is a 2002 Monaco Dynasty with a tag. They are what Monaco put on when new.

They ride well and all have aged out before wearing out. G670s ar Load Range "H" with a Max Load Limit of 7,830 lbs @125psi.

If you are anywhere near the Dallas Ft. Worth area let me know I have a great dealer for them.

Herman

I would be interested in that dealers information in Fort Worth. I would call him and see if he could ship me tires to Tampa Florida. I'm looking for G6 70s 275 80 R 22.5. Cannot find them in the Tampa Bay area.

Cdriffter99.

Send a PM to Herman, he's in Perry, GA. now & may not be on Forum every day, but a PM will ding him on his phone!  You can also ask him about your other Post on 295/80R.

Cdrifter99, 

IMHO I would find a Goodyear dealer in Tampa and have them order them in for you. The freight would be almost prohibited. A dealer should be able to get them from a warehouse.

The dealer is a friend of mine, Ronnie Thomason of Thomason Tire 972-542-347, McKinney, TX. When I get tires from him, he will order them from a warehouse in Dallas, Texas.

Herman