We are now first time coach owners. We made our purchase while in Perry. We will be picking up our coach next week, 2014 Newmar Ventana LE. Perry was quite an education for us. I left Perry believing there are a few must have accessories. Surge Protectors is one. We looked at a few in the vendor's area. One that stood out for me was Techno RV Surge Guard 34950.  Has anybody  had any experience with their products? They also have a Tire monitoring System, TST TPMS. Same question, any experience?

Another Tire Monitoring system which seemed good was from Tire Minder, any experience with this one?

RVI had a nice Tire monitoring system , it creates it's own WiFi, so you do not need to mount a remote booster. It seemed, simple straight forward. Two possible down sides. You have to send the screw on sensors back to RVI to replace the batteries, every 2 to 3 years. The monitoring screen is actually a mini IPad device. Clearly identifies the tires and can be used to create a checklist. however, do I want a screen of this size in the cockpit? Unfortunately , it cannot function as GPS.

Lastly,

I attended a couple of seminar's by the RV Doctor. He strongly recommended , replacing the stinky slinky with the Waste Master Sewer Hose by Lippert. I checked Amazon, it is around $130.  Looking at reviews on Amazon, it gets mixed reviews. Seems as tough it might be more easily installed in a fiver or trailer than in the bay of a class A. Thoughts, Experience?

Congratulations on the new coach. I use and recommend the Surge Guard 34850 Portable Model with LCD Display - 50 Amp. I like being able to test the power in a spot before parking or testing outher sites if the power is bad where you are without moving the coach.

I would talk to Tire Man about the Tire Minder. 

I use a Camco set up like this. I have 4 sections of hose and have needed all of it at some places. Never buy the cheap ones where you have to screw the ends on the hose or use clamps.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Revolution-Swivel-Fittings-Adapter/dp/B0024E6W02

Bill

We have a hard-wired Surge Guard which we had installed after an electrical malfunction in an old campground ruined a couple of control boards on our rig and began burning wires. It has shut down a number of times because of malfunctioning electric in resorts. I wouldn’t be without it!!!

Just a suggestion, but you will probably get better feedback by dividing the questions and posting them in the appropriate area (such as "electric" and "tire").

I have the same model Surgeguard, no issues with the unit, its 4 years old and has saved us several times. 

I run EEZtire system. Had a Tire Minder, tossed the entire system into the trash last year. I have heard their later model is better, after my experience it wouldn't make a difference, their customer support was also terrible.

TPMS is a great investment, but more importantly it has to operate in a way it makes sense, the older tire minder I had didn't do that. I had such a bad experience with Tire Minder I called EEZ Tire and spoke to their engineer, interrogated him for a good 15 minutes, he assured me I would not have those problems gave me his cell phone number if I did :o. Never called him, system is a year old now and works great!

This is our 3rd TPMS in 10 years, I had Pressure Pro 1st, great system but the sensors were expensive when they needed batteries. 

https://www.eezrvproducts.com/

18 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Congratulations on the new coach. I use and recommend the Surge Guard 34850 Portable Model with LCD Display - 50 Amp. I like being able to test the power in a spot before parking or testing outher sites if the power is bad where you are without moving the coach.

I would talk to Tire Man about the Tire Minder. 

I use a Camco set up like this. I have 4 sections of hose and have needed all of it at some places. Never buy the cheap ones where you have to screw the ends on the hose or use clamps.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Revolution-Swivel-Fittings-Adapter/dp/B0024E6W02

Bill

Bill, Thanks for the link.

59 minutes ago, jleamont said:

I have the same model Surgeguard, no issues with the unit, its 4 years old and has saved us several times. 

I run EEZtire system. Had a Tire Minder, tossed the entire system into the trash last year. I have heard their later model is better, after my experience it wouldn't make a difference, their customer support was also terrible.

TPMS is a great investment, but more importantly it has to operate in a way it makes sense, the older tire minder I had didn't do that. I had such a bad experience with Tire Minder I called EEZ Tire and spoke to their engineer, interrogated him for a good 15 minutes, he assured me I would not have those problems gave me his cell phone number if I did :o. Never called him, system is a year old now and works great!

This is our 3rd TPMS in 10 years, I had Pressure Pro 1st, great system but the sensors were expensive when they needed batteries. 

https://www.eezrvproducts.com/

Thanks for the link

18 hours ago, Dub said:

interested in the answers as well. congrats on your Newmar!

Welcome to the forum. I think you can find a fairly good list of basics by browseng the diferan't forums. What do you have or what are you looking for?

Bill

On 3/25/2018 at 10:53 AM, STUDEBRUCER said:

Waste Master Sewer Hose by Lippert

No experience with that hose, although i did consider upgrading one day. My concern was cutting the outlet and installing a different connection.

I have this hose and another 15' section. Its 10 years old now with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFLEX-Translucent-Frustration-Free-39770/dp/B01HPHR2M4

40 minutes ago, jleamont said:

No experience with that hose, although i did consider upgrading one day. My concern was cutting the outlet and installing a different connection.

I have this hose and another 15' section. Its 10 years old now with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFLEX-Translucent-Frustration-Free-39770/dp/B01HPHR2M4

I have one of those as a spare and like how they accordion together for more compact storage, at least when new.:D

Bill

26 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I have one of those as a spare and like how they accordion together for more compact storage, at least when new.:D

Bill

It does store nice, it also stays together well when flowing liquid through it. I had a Valterra for a very short time, I didn't like it, when you would open the valve on the coach it would jump out of the slinky and dance around, then I would loose my down hill flow. I gave it away! Pulled my old hose out and put it back in service.  

I love the blue ones that just push together, every time I see one and someone about to open a valve, grab a beer, free entertainment is about to begin :lol: THIS ONE :lol:

http://www.prestofit.com/BluelineRVSanitation.html

Yep , show time. 

It is sad how some dealers treat newbies. In Maine one time this couple pulled into the next spot and were trying to figure out how to set up. I already had my beer so I went around to the side to watch. Well I had to go help. I ended up doing a post delivery training program. The dealer had told them nothing!!! They added a "KIT" that had a 5' water hose and a 3, sewer hose with no ends. :o 

They got a tablet and I walked them through what they needed doing show and tell then they went to Walmart.

Bill 

On 3/25/2018 at 9:53 AM, STUDEBRUCER said:

... I attended a couple of seminar's by the RV Doctor. He strongly recommended , replacing the stinky slinky with the Waste Master Sewer Hose by Lippert...

My coach came with one of these....it is now gathering dust in my storage building.  At our first rally after getting this coach, I was told by countless owners that my first project should be to get rid of this system and go back to the standard hose.  With macerating toilets, they said it was not necessary....and  nobody had anything good to say about it.

Five, that's interesting! The cam lock made sense, not that I've ever had a bayonet problem...well once I missed 1/2 of the lugs, good thing it was gray water:lol: , hit me in the chest like a fire hose...where's Herman, I bet he has a shirt :lol:.

Honestly it just looked too bulky (besides too expensive) and I see no need for the valve on one end when the other end is open.