eric@babin.com

MOBILE RV REPAIR RECOMMENDATION SE HOUSTON?

I just crushed my coolant line at the bottom of the engine driving into a steep parking lot. 

Looking for mobile RV repair recommendation in Kemah TX (Southest Houston)

Looks like the pipe carrying coolant is crushed and the two rubber hoses attaching that to the engine are also torn.

Anyone know a good mobile RV repair in SW Houston?

These people are about 20 miles from Kemah == 30 minutes
Good folks with both Chassis and Coach problems
Email me at rvhunter77@gmail.com  if I can be any help -- I'm just across the bridge from you

O'Daniel's Garage
Address: 2914 Massey-Tompkins Rd, Baytown, TX 77521
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

None of them are cheap.

You probably need a mobile engine repair for that.

Taylor Automotive and RV Repair
TX-3, Dickinson, TX 77539
281-337-7060

Closer to you. If they don't have mobile they may know someone who does,

Also Dues Camping Center, Dickinson TX
281-337-1537
Same thing, may know someone nearer to you

Eric.

Make, Model and Length of coach would help!  Also, if you have a toad, you could drive to Dues or Taylor and talk to them.

I've got Mike from Mobile RV Repair working on it.

The part (pipe) is on 1 month backorder according to Freightliner.

Mike has a welder that works on high performance boats working in it. The guy swears it will be better than new! 

We've decided to stay in town for an extra couple of days to "test" it before we hit the interstate.  

I'm also thinking of placing an order for the OEM part to switch it out when I get a chance.

I'll update you later today...... ETR is mid-afternoon today (March 29).

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

18 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

This is where your road side service comes into play. Call them and have them tow your vehicle to the place of your choose.

Herman

They offered... but I'd rather not have it towed unless it's 100% necessary.... as of right now.... I think it can be fixed where we are. 

$829.43 later it's patched up.

Will probably order the OEM part from Freightliner and have the patched part replaced next time I can make it to REV Group Alvarado.

But.... for now..... we're back on the road!

IMG_1518.jpg

That looks like a go for me!  If you order a OEM from Freightliner, why not let them do the exchange also?  Last I heard REV was $140 an hour and they have lousy Tech's in Alvarado!  I would rather have the part sent to Texas Custom Coach in Pipe Creek,  Texas (If you don't like Freightliner), they do all my coach work at half the hourly rate of REV.

Did you & DW, go over and lick your wounds, with 10 pounds of Crawfish Boil?  Some adult refreshments.

Carl

I don't see anything wrong with the repaired pipe. If you feel the need to spend the money I would call and find a Tubing shop to make a new one, probbabley cheaper than Freightliner.

I second Texas Custom Coach in Pipe Creek, Texas. Driving over there from Houston will tell you if the new one leakes.

Bill

14 hours ago, manholt said:

That looks like a go for me!  If you order a OEM from Freightliner, why not let them do the exchange also?  Last I heard REV was $140 an hour and they have lousy Tech's in Alvarado!  I would rather have the part sent to Texas Custom Coach in Pipe Creek,  Texas (If you don't like Freightliner), they do all my coach work at half the hourly rate of REV.

Did you & DW, go over and lick your wounds, with 10 pounds of Crawfish Boil?  Some adult refreshments.

Carl

Yes....we hung out at T-Bones that evening.  We own an online radio station www.RadioTropRock.com and our purpose for being there was to broadcast the Pirates & Poets Songwriter Showcase live on air.  The show must go on, and did. 

Luckily since we own the station the boss has no problem with me drinking a few beers at "work".

12 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I don't see anything wrong with the repaired pipe. If you feel the need to spend the money I would call and find a Tubing shop to make a new one, probbabley cheaper than Freightliner.

I second Texas Custom Coach in Pipe Creek, Texas. Driving over there from Houston will tell you if the new one leakes.

Bill

I've always had good luck at REV Group Alvarado but never had engine work done there.

With that said, I'm going to give Texas Custom Coach in Pipe Creek a call.

Thank you for the recommendation.

************EDIT:  Texas Custom Coach only does maint.  They don't do this type of work.

Eric.  Call them again after Easter, ask for Dave, he's the owner....Maintenance my A$$...they build custom Prevost coaches, start at $1.4 million!  I just had $6,300 worth of work, 4 weeks ago!  They got my SO Linda's coach, 40 DP there now for body work, engine work (she had the oil change 3 weeks ago in Tyler, TX.) and interior work!