fagnaml

Replace 19" Analog Television

My motorhome has the original 19" Panasonic analog television in the bedroom that the wife and I can't use as there is no convenient spot in the bedroom to place a HD to analog converter.   Some Goggling this past week found this short video on replacing a similar size analog TV --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-uwlBVyI_I

In the video, the original "frame" is mounted on what looks to be a 3/4" thick piece of oak (or some other hardwood that becomes the "cabinet door" for the original analog TV "box".   The hinges and door clasp look "undersized" for supporting a new flat screen television but the concept looks like something I could actually do!   Given the width of the wall space that my current 19" analog TV consumes I'm probably limited to a 13.3" LED TV (maybe a 15.6").  What does the forum think about the analog TV replacement concept shown in the video?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I agree that the hinges and a door clasp needs to be heavier duty. Remember that the screen dimensions on a tv is diagonal not horizontal, and with the fact that the tv will now be attached to the added on door, you can actually use a larger tv than what is now mounted inside the cabinet. In fact I have used a 32 inch led where the 19" crt style used to be, I find that the thinner models adapt very well.

Yup,  measure your space and take a yard stick with you when you go shopping.  May have to settle for your 2nd choice TV to get the right size.  And, I for a bedroom where you don't have a sound bar, make sure the speaker is on the FRONT.

I signed up for handicap and it was stated first come first served.  I think I will come on Sun or Mon.  I also could park in committee area as I'm on the tech advisory committee.

8 hours ago, manholt said:

You doing a Seminar?

I don't know, the only one I have done in the past is help with Tire Minder.  I'll see who wants me!