From Fiat Chrysler: The 2019 Jeep Cherokee (4x4 models with two-speed power transfer unit) can be flat towed behind a motorhome.  The vehicle does NOT require the Mopar flat tow wiring harness, which was developed for 2014-2018 models to prevent the wobble that sometimes occurred during flat towing. 

The owners manual can be found here: https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/care/owners-manual.html

Side note: A service bulletin issued on April 20, 2018, indicated that the Mopar flat tow wiring harness was needed for 2019 Cherokee. However, Fiat Chrysler has acknowledged that the service bulletin was in error.  

We are consider purchasing a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk or a Wrangler to flat tow behind our motorhome. Can you tell me when you flat towing a Cherokee or a Wrangler do the miles still add on while being flat towed ?

Thank you,

Kevin

• That is true, ever  since they came out with digital.  Before then, you could (with a little effort), reverse the counter.

Thank you for the information,

We are considering traveling to the Yuma area 2019 winter and doing some off roading.... any tips ?

Thank you,

Kevin

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, Johnston said:

From Fiat Chrysler: The 2019 Jeep Cherokee (4x4 models with two-speed power transfer unit) can be flat towed behind a motorhome.  The vehicle does NOT require the Mopar flat tow wiring harness, which was developed for 2014-2018 models to prevent the wobble that sometimes occurred during flat towing. 

The owners manual can be found here: https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/care/owners-manual.html

Side note: A service bulletin issued on April 20, 2018, indicated that the Mopar flat tow wiring harness was needed for 2019 Cherokee. However, Fiat Chrysler has acknowledged that the service bulletin was in error.  

I purchased a 2019 Trailhawk at the end of May and the dealer installed the flat tow wire harness because I told them I was flat towing it. I've asked Jeep CS about it and all they will do is refer me back to the dealer as they say "they are the experts". If I activate the flat tow system they installed will it cause problems? Can't get that answer. Who have you contacted at FCA?

On 6/27/2018 at 8:51 AM, Johnston said:

First post. Newbie to the Motorhome world. I have a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk and am curious what changes were made to the steering system so that the special wiring required on 2014-2018 models isn’t needed. Thank you!

BillnPenny.   Welcome to the Forum! :)

click on the link.  If still in doubt, look under towing in your owners manual. 

Thanks for the welcome manholt. We pick up the car on Monday but after reading the owners manual from the link that Johnston posted it doesn't mention another wiring harness in the flat tow section. But it was my understanding that the owners manual in the 2014-2018 didn't say anything about needing one either. I was just wondering if Jeep had made a modification to the 2019's? 

11 hours ago, BillnPenny said:

But it was my understanding that the owners manual in the 2014-2018 didn't say anything about needing one either. I was just wondering if Jeep had made a modification to the 2019's? 

Again Welcome.

Answer, I doubt it very seriously. Just look at how long it took them to come up with the wiring harness (which hasn't been that successful from what I hear) and they still say there isn't a problem.

Sorry just sour grapes. 

Herman

"Answer, I doubt it very seriously. Just look at how long it took them to come up with the wiring harness (which hasn't been that successful from what I hear) and they still say there isn't a problem."  Herman Mullins

Exactly. This is a major problem they have yet to own up too and most likely never will.

Before we left to go pick up our 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk I sent my salesman an email explaining everything I learned here and that if I was going to cost me extra down the road I want to rethink my decision to purchase a Trailhawk. When I got there he handed me a piece of paper that stated the following:

STAR ONLINE PUBLICATION 

Release Date: 05/22/18

Symtom/Vehicle Issue: Flat Tow Or Recreational Tow 2019 KL Cherokee

Discussion: A recent update to tab 08-040-18 rev B removed the 2019 model KL from the list of applicable vehicles for the MoPar Accessory Flat Tow Performance Kit. 19 KL, in OEM equipment form, has improvements that does not require the MoPar Accessory Flat Tow Performance Kit to help stabilize the vehicle.

<<<NOTE>>> 19 KL can be flat towed as long as it has the 4x4 (sales code 514) and Jeep Active Drive II (sales code DK4) without the MoPar Accessory harness being needed.

Looking at a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with Active Drive II... the written information states only Quadra-Trac II is possible to flat tow.  Can someone please explain the difference and whether the Active Drive II is towable?

dorite.  Welcome to the Forum.

The 2018, yes!  2019, don't know...I would call Jeep and ask about DK4...could not find on Internet.  One reason of many, why I have a Wrangler.  Been looking at Unlimited and Gladiator 4x4!