chollenback

1995 Safari Sahara Allison 6sp tranny will not go into gear

May be as simple as reinserting the gang plug.  May be the shift pad, wiring or ECU.

Start with the easy/inexpensive stuff.

Just to close this out...I went ahead and removed entire electronic shifting mechanism and tore it apart. I separated keypad from ECU and then opened up ECU and cleaned all brass connections and keypad metal contacts. Put it back together and worked good. There is a 3 second delay for each gear when I press D, N or R. At least it works. Thanks to all.

We had a 96 Vectra with the Allison MD3060, which,  I assume you have.  We had the same thing happen to us many years ago.  The Allison is designed to be "Farmer Proof".  In other words it will shut itself down for any reason.  Our problem was "no throttle".  The Allison computer lost contact with the throttle.   If you can go under your coach and see if you can find the throttle cable that enters the transmission.  It is held and secured by a "C" clamp.  Our "C" clamp had broken off and the cable was allowed to wiggle around, causing the transmission to shut itself down.  It was simply a matter of replacing the C clamp and re-educating the computer.

Hope this helps.