alibaba11

Heater motor runs when plugged in to shore power

We just bought a 2000 Roadtrek 190 Popular a month ago, and when I put it in the shed for winter storage and plugged it in to keep the battery charged, the blower for the furnace started running full time. Is there a shut off for the fan? I can't find one.

2 hours ago, alibaba11 said:

We just bought a 2000 Roadtrek 190 Popular a month ago, and when I put it in the shed for winter storage and plugged it in to keep the battery charged, the blower for the furnace started running full time. Is there a shut off for the fan? I can't find one.

Welcome to the forum. Yes check the thermostat. You can also just turn the thermostat to the off position. Let us know what you find.

Bill

alibaba11, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Ken Mentioned pulling the fuse and at this time it is the quickest solution ! 

The furnace start up sequence - requires the fan / blower to start first. The sail switch in the furnace blower unit could be hanging up and replacing it is time consuming on most of the units. Think that is a good project for the Spring. Why it is getting power when the thermostat is off - could indicate another issue. 

Rich.  

FWIW, over 80% of all 12v issues are the result of a poor or missing ground. Given the complexity of RV 12V systems, that is often quite difficult to correct. 

I found out that the switch on the bottom of the thermostat is broken off and there is no label on it, so when I pulled the cover off and could see the switch in the light, I could tell that in the other position that the switch didn't make contact. Now when I plug it in to shore power, the fan does not run. Thanks for all your help. Alan