vlembojr

Policy

I thought that membership was opened to all RVs. I have been a member for about three years and I decided to join a local chapter. I live in NH and NH does not have a local chapter listed, so I looked at the next closest and found one in Massachusetts. When I called the phone number listed for that chapter I was told I had to own a certain brand of motorhome. I own a very expensive 40ft DP but I still could not join there chapter. Why?

There are chapters that limit membership to a brand of motorhome or chassis or other restrictions.  Keep looking, I'm sure you will find one that will welcome you.

56 minutes ago, vlembojr said:

I thought that membership was opened to all RVs. I have been a member for about three years and I decided to join a local chapter. I live in NH and NH does not have a local chapter listed, so I looked at the next closest and found one in Massachusetts. When I called the phone number listed for that chapter I was told I had to own a certain brand of motorhome. I own a very expensive 40ft DP but I still could not join there chapter. Why?

Welcome to the forum. A couple of years ago I met up with the Granite Staters for a rally at Moody Beach Maine. I don't recall any "Brand" requirement for joining. They seemed like a good group.

http://www.granitestaters.org/

Bill

We will probably check out the "Graniteers" as well. Thanks fer da link Bill.

Lucia and I have the unofficial "Hampton Beach Field Camp" group, but its only us.

We are usually there every other weekend if we are not RVing on the road.

Only requirement is a wine glass, empty or full. If it's empty we will fill it. If it is full we will toast.

David

David, 

Sounds like a good group. Have you thought about maybe starting a "Hampton Beach Chapter"? If you think about it and are interested let me know and I will help you form one.

Herman

On 12/22/2018 at 8:21 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Welcome to the forum. A couple of years ago I met up with the Granite Staters for a rally at Moody Beach Maine. I don't recall any "Brand" requirement for joining. They seemed like a good group.

http://www.granitestaters.org/

Bill

Cant speak to their chapter, but their web site looked really nice :wub: