Sign in to follow this  
dkreuzen

E-Mails contain a "Malicious Domains Request"

For the last few weeks every FMCA e-mail has triggered my virus protection program stating a "Malicious Domains Request" has been blocked. Please remove.

Category: Intrusion Prevention
12/23/2018 9:10:41 AM,Medium,An intrusion attempt by 195.22.28.222 was blocked.

Malicious Site: Malicious Domains Request,
Network traffic from sso.anbtr.com/domain/imagese2ma.net matches the signature of a known attack.  

12 hours ago, dkreuzen said:

sso.anbtr.com

Yes, that is a malicious web site. FMCA needs to look into what is propagating it to users.

I do not get these warnings or have this issue.  Would suggest you run a Malware scan asap.  Sounds like you PC is infected.  

There are a few onetime scans you could use for free like Malwarebytes.

I have never had an issue with any mailings from FMCA! :) As Ian said, you need to clean up your computer.

Merry Christmas 🎄

It sounds to me his computer security software is doing its job. I have gotten similar messages from the FMCA website over the years and finally turned off email notifications.  Its possible you need to update your software if you're not getting this message. 

1 hour ago, elkhartjim said:

It sounds to me his computer security software is doing its job. I have gotten similar messages from the FMCA website over the years and finally turned off email notifications.  Its possible you need to update your software if you're not getting this message. 

Yes, the security software (Norton) is doing it's job. Note this is not on the website, it's embedded in the e-mails. I only shows up when I open a FMCA e-mail, no others. 

Are you saying it is emails that you receive from FMCA and no others? Is it from just one person at FMCA multiple people. Check with this fellow and ask him about your issue. Jason Gabbard (jgabbard@fmca.com)

The FMCA office is closed until 1/2/19.

Herman

50 minutes ago, dkreuzen said:

Yes, the security software (Norton) is doing it's job. Note this is not on the website, it's embedded in the e-mails. I only shows up when I open a FMCA e-mail, no others. 

I should not have written "FMCA website", thanks for the correction.

Me either.

To report malicious email you need to copy the raw format headers, that is not the "To, CC, or BCC" lines but the raw source. In Yahoo mail on the web open the email and next to "spam" is a button. Click on it an the click on "View Raw Source."  Copy that information - all of it. and then forward the email  with that copy included to "webmaster @ Fmca . com" or/and "abuse @ FMCA . Com.  They should have on or the other and if not it will just get kicked back to you.  I do that for any web site that creates a problem. It is supposed to be the preferred method.

If it isn't for FMCA they should tell what the preferred method is.