szakaluk

DirecTV Changeover - KingDome 3200

We have a Kingdome  KD-3200 satellite dish with a DirecTV D12-100 receiver.  Works fine (stationary, which is all I care about.).  I'm concerned about the upcoming DirecTV changeover that may make our system obsolete, or obsolescent.  Calling DirecTV is no help, apparently they haven't figured out how to handle the RV business.  They offered a Genie Minilocation C51-100, which I pointed out will only work in proximity to our home, not away.  Crappy service for a 30+ year customer.  Request any solutions or links to solve this issue.  TIA.

Steve, he got it resolved.  Direct TV is sending him a new receiver!

I had DISH about 3 years ago...don't try to end your relationship with them by yourself...It took my attorney over a month! :angry: 

Steve, I answered your PM. I'm still under the impression that there is no dome satellite antenna on the market that will received DTV HD.  With that said, and the rumor that DTV is ending SD broadcasts, I'm guessing that one of the Mfg's will come out with a Dome that will get DTV HD.

Better to bite the bullet, spend the ridiculous amount of money and get a Winegard Traveler antenna.

You may get some answers HERE

I am on dish and just upgraded to the Travel'r antenna. Get HD and can watch separate shows in the living room, bedroom, and outside with our 3 receivers.

2 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Steve, I answered your PM. I'm still under the impression that there is no dome satellite antenna on the market that will received DTV HD.  With that said, and the rumor that DTV is ending SD broadcasts, I'm guessing that one of the Mfg's will come out with a Dome that will get DTV HD.

Better to bite the bullet, spend the ridiculous amount of money and get a Winegard Traveler antenna.

You may get some answers HERE

r

3 hours ago, sstgermain said:

I am on dish and just upgraded to the Travel'r antenna. Get HD and can watch separate shows in the living room, bedroom, and outside with our 3 receivers.

r

The traveler is an open faced antenna capable of 3 lnb's and will receive all sat signals.  The DOME antenna's will only received HD from DISH network.

5 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

The traveler is an open faced antenna capable of 3 lnb's and will receive all sat signals.  The DOME antenna's will only received HD from DISH network.

My dome  . . . Which was from 2012 . . . Received both SD and HD but the dish had to move.  Right now the Travel'r is in manual mode and locked to just 61 as it would not see 119,129 due to trees and I get everything HD. Old dome would only receive 1 eastern arc satellite