moorep01

Looking for someone with a Roadmaster chassis around 2008

I've been chasing an intermittent "warning" light on the dash of my 2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. I was looking behind the dash for a loose connection and saw the brake pedal assembly appears to have something missing. I'll attach a picture. Is there supposed to be a switch here that the center pin would actuate?

Steve

IMG_0779.JPG

Steve, the 08 Endeavor had a recall on the brake arm where it wasn't "locked" properly.  I was sent a tool that pressed the center pin in further to lock the arm to the hanger.  That was the fix from the manufacturer of the brake arm mechanism.  That was almost ten years ago, so I don't quite remember exactly what the mechanism that was affected looks like, but I believe the pin your looking at is the locking pin and has nothing to do with electrical.

Thank you corkey05. I was hoping something was missing and it solve my warning light issue.

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve, the only way to determine why the "Warning" light is illuminated on your dash is to have the Engine ECM scanned for fault codes. A device like this will be able to pull fault codes. Without the fault code there is no way of telling what is wrong that the engine is seeing. 

https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauge-d/

I had same problem with 04 Endeavor, found oil pressure sending unit was the problem. The oil pressure sender on my coach consist of 2 function, one a NC contact that initiates an audible alarm on LOW OIL pressure and variable resistor that provides the signal to the OIL Pressure gauge.

Jim 

12 hours ago, moorep01 said:

I've been chasing an intermittent "warning" light on the dash of my 2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. I was looking behind the dash for a loose connection and saw the brake pedal assembly appears to have something missing. I'll attach a picture. Is there supposed to be a switch here that the center pin would actuate?

Steve

IMG_0779.JPG

I check mine as I have a 2006 with adjustable pedals and it has a metal dust cap in that spot.  You can probable get similar at the hardware store.  

Thanks everyone. I found a place to read the codes. There was a code that showed up in the history. 129 times. I can't remember the code number but it said 5 volt went low. Then it listed accelerator position sensor, differential pressure sensor, after treatment diesel particulate filter, or 5 volt power supply from ECM. I can't find any wires going to the differential. The accelerator position sensor had a screw missing that mounted the sensor to the accelerator. I replaced the screw.  And I'm not sure what is meant by the after treatment diesel particulate filter. A dust cap over the brake assembly in the picture makes sense.  While I was under the coach I happened to see where 3 wires (a blue, yellow, and white) were chewed up by one of the slide out gear teeth. I repaired those wires and zip tied them away from the gear. I guess it's time for another test drive.

Differential pressure sensor is within the exhaust aftertreatment system, The low voltage on the 5 volt (reference voltage line) will need to go to a Cummins dealer for repair. It could be an electrical connector somewhere on the engine with corrosion in it or it could be a faulty ECM. That will all take a professional with the proper tooling to troubleshoot voltage resistance. 

The Differential pressure sensor either needs to be cleaned (notorious for carbon build up) or could need replacement, if needs replaced it will most likely need calibrated.

The wires under the slide, that could be your accelerator pedal codes. Certainly worth a chance, clear the codes and road test it.

The sensor should resemble this;

836980052.jpg

Thank you jleamont.  If the differential pressure sensor is bad would the warning light come on intermittently?  And the light goes off when I hit a bump and may not come back on for a couple of hundred miles. Should I remove the differential pressure sensor and clean it?  Can you tell me where it would be located on the ISL 400?  I appreciate your help.

Steve

It is located on the air intake manifold 1/2 way between the air charge cooler clamps and the cylinder head, passenger side of the engine on a DP. Its not likely to be an intermittent fault unless there is moisture in it or in the connector causing it to intermittently malfunction. You could remove it and clean it, mostly just carefully remove the carbon build up, check the connection for corrosion and put it back on. Do not spray anything inside of it. #10 is the connector below

image.png.66a79c68f0f8454af8f474fdb54db4ae.png

Thanks again. I'll check the electrical connection for corrosion this evening and if I feel brave I'll remove the sensor.