swheeldon

electrical mystery

I am having one of those mystery electircal issues with my RV.  I have a 2000 Georgie Boy Cruisemaster.  I have power every where in the coach except the back bedroom.  110 outlets work, but i have no power to the furnace, AC unit and bedsideand over head lights.  I have checked the ground fault in the lavatory, checked all the fuses and breakers I can find, but cannot find a reason.  I have also looked at as much wiring as I can see and all looks good to me.    Do any of the relays, either under the hood or on the drivers foot fuse box have any control over any of these functions.  

Any advise is appreciated.

Scott 

48 minutes ago, swheeldon said:

I am having one of those mystery electircal issues with my RV.  I have a 2000 Georgie Boy Cruisemaster.  I have power every where in the coach except the back bedroom.  110 outlets work, but i have no power to the furnace, AC unit and bedsideand over head lights.  I have checked the ground fault in the lavatory, checked all the fuses and breakers I can find, but cannot find a reason.  I have also looked at as much wiring as I can see and all looks good to me.    Do any of the relays, either under the hood or on the drivers foot fuse box have any control over any of these functions.  

Any advise is appreciated.

Scott 

Scott,Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Think the Cruse Master Coach is gas powered? What chassis is the coach built on ?

i have no power to the furnace, AC unit and bed side and over head lights . The Items listed here Furnace an Roof AC are controlled by 12 volt relays in the climate control module, that is load control system 

bed side and over head lights not working. Are the lights powered by 12 volts DC?

Not Knowing what skill sets you have, do you have a multi meter? and do you feel comfortable work on 12 volt and 120 volt circuits - like in the main power panels ?

There should be a fairly good general description in the owners manual.

Rich.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, DickandLois said:

Scott,Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Think the Cruse Master Coach is gas powered? What chassis is the coach built on ?

i have no power to the furnace, AC unit and bed side and over head lights . The Items listed here Furnace an Roof AC are controlled by 12 volt relays in the climate control module, that is load control system 

bed side and over head lights not working. Are the lights powered by 12 volts DC?

Not Knowing what skill sets you have, do you have a multi meter? and do you feel comfortable work on 12 volt and 120 volt circuits - like in the main power panels ?

There should be a fairly good general description in the owners manual.

Rich.

Built on a Freightliner Chassis, gas engine Ford Triton V10. I'm OK with a multi-meter , but not great at reading wiring diagrams.  It also looks like the wiring diagram does not match up to what is actually in the coach.  Don't know if there was some customization done by previous owners.  I believe the lights are 12 volt as well.

Where would the climate control relay be located?

Scott, welcome to the forum. Who told you it was a Freightliner chassis? Most likely it is a Ford F53. Looking at the right wiring diagrams will make it easier to find your problem. 

Bill

If I understand correctly, all your 120v outlets and appliances function. It's the 12v power which is not working, and just in the rear of the coach. Correct? Do you have 12v power working elsewhere in the coach from the house batteries? Just trying to get understanding of the problem.

If you have power from the house batteries in some locations but not all, then I'd start by tracking down all the fuse locations. Then I'd check and double-check all the wiring harness connection points to be sure that a cable or piece of the harness hasn't worked loose somehow or become disconnected slightly.

If you don't have power anywhere from the house batteries, then you start at the battery bank and work out from there.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, swheeldon said:

ok maybe it is an F53.  does that change the location of the problem oe the solution?

Yes it can, I would look for a F53 wiring diagram and one for your coach.

See what you can find here:  http://8.ghuttr.nintendomonsen.de/g5/georgie-boy-cruise-master-wiring-diagram.html

Bill