carnut500

Workhorse W22 Torque Specs

I have 2010 Itasca Suncruiser 35P with W22 chassis. I have a roadmaster steering stabilizer to install but I have to remove nuts from one of the U bolts that hold the axle to the springs. I heard that the torque on those bolts is over 400 ft lbs. Does anyone know exact torque value? Any way I can get service manual for workhorse? 

Frankly I doubt it is that high. Case in point the lug nuts on your coach maybe 1 1/2 inch and special studs about 3/4 to 7/8 of an inch in diameter. Typical torques 400+. is the U bolt any where near that size.... Easy enough to discover call Roadmaster.

7 hours ago, carnut500 said:

I have 2010 Itasca Suncruiser 35P with W22 chassis. I have a roadmaster steering stabilizer to install but I have to remove nuts from one of the U bolts that hold the axle to the springs. I heard that the torque on those bolts is over 400 ft lbs. Does anyone know exact torque value? Any way I can get service manual for workhorse? 

Currently looking at a Workhorse chassis manual, looking for the front "U" bolt torque level requirement. Large manual - taking longer then anticipated.

Think This link will give you the proper bolt torque levels for the Roadmaster Chassis.

https://www.roadmasterinc.com/pdfinst/1259-108.pdf

Rich

I would think new nuts would be required and I would be surprised if it calls for more than 150 ft pounds of torque. 

What does Roadmaster have to say?

Bill

44 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I would think new nuts would be required and I would be surprised if it calls for more than 150 ft pounds of torque. 

What does Roadmaster have to say?

Bill

Right! ALL axle "U" bolt nuts(these are special long nuts) must be replaced with new upon re-assembly. https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/recommended-u-bolt-torque