Lightnup

UPDATE Dresser edge trim? UPDATE

Don't have a clue as to how much lighter and if it  would drive better, if all my Corian and tile floors was replaced with wood.  1/4" Corian is 2.2 lbs a sq.ft. I have mostly 1/2".  Couple of 100 sq. ft. plus the tile!  

4 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

As said Particle Board wont hold too long. I can't remember who mentioned it but If it were me , I would take off the old top, go to a Granite, Marble or Corian shop and have one made from some sort of hard surface material. It may cost a bit more but I am willing to bet the DW would love it.

Most  shops have lots of drops that they would like to dispose of. They have cutouts from sinks that the customer paid for and I am sure they would like to sell material that is already paid for.

Herman

Excellent point!

One thing to consider, now I know one piece of cabinetry isn't a lot of weight BUT we have seen many times where a coach left the factory at MAX GVWR. Be cognizant of adding weight to a coach especially if you do not know your axle or 4 corner weights, especially on a gas chassis. 

Another concern, if you install a heavy top its resting on a particle board cabinet that is subject to g-forces and bouncing. Will the particle board cabinet structure underneath handle that much weight as it's bouncing around going down the highway?

Just a few thoughts, you don't want to step on the brake hard and that cabinet crumble and the solid surface top go through the opposing wall.