Jump to content
sgtjoe

Inverter Died

Recommended Posts

My 2010 coach is all elect.  Yet I have a lot of the same systems and 2004-06 motors that Ray has! As he & I have found out, are out of date!

I have the Magnum 2812 (2800W) times 2.  MSW that runs everything in coach, including power day/night roller shades, residential fridge, stack washer/dryer, dishwasher, convection/microwave, 50" Vizio TV, Bluetooth, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, manholt said:

My 2010 coach is all elect.  Yet I have a lot of the same systems and 2004-06 motors that Ray has! As he & I have found out, are out of date!

I have the Magnum 2812 (2800W) times 2.  MSW that runs everything in coach, including power day/night roller shades, residential fridge, stack washer/dryer, dishwasher, convection/microwave, 50" Vizio TV, Bluetooth, etc.  

What item on your list is 120v and 12v?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.  My new one will be here Tuesday.  Same as before after having discussions with a few RV Techs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HuffyPuff/Ray, Look at a Xantrex 2012(2000w) PSW inverter,it is around $1,200 on ebay. The Xantrex 3012(3000w) is around $1,300 on  Amazon.

Mine is the OEM RS2000 PSW inverter, 20 yrs and still going strong. Plus, it is easy to rewire, just download the installation manual from the Xantrex website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RayIN said:

HuffyPuff/Ray, Look at a Xantrex 2012(2000w) PSW inverter,it is around $1,200 on ebay. The Xantrex 3012(3000w) is around $1,300 on  Amazon.

Mine is the OEM RS2000 PSW inverter, 20 yrs and still going strong. Plus, it is easy to rewire, just download the installation manual from the Xantrex website.

That means I saved almost $400 last summer and I used the saving to install autostart with cash to spare.  😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, huffypuff said:

We can upgrade our older coach but never be a new modern one so why put in a item that in don't need?

That is the ONLY reason I would update ours to PSW should the MSW unit fail. The refrigerator works fine on the MSW and electronics are changing daily and we haven't had a need for PSW yet, but I am sure the day will come where I will say "should have upgraded that inverter, just start the generator so you can use .......!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jleamont said:

That is the ONLY reason I would update ours to PSW should the MSW unit fail. The refrigerator works fine on the MSW and electronics are changing daily and we haven't had a need for PSW yet, but I am sure the day will come where I will say "should have upgraded that inverter, just start the generator so you can use .......!"

Also for the PSW to work you may have to upgrade the RC50 as it may not have the right programming in it.  May be better to go with ARC50 if you want to install auto gen start later.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, huffypuff said:

Also for the PSW to work you may have to upgrade the RC50 as it may not have the right programming in it.  May be better to go with ARC50 if you want to install auto gen start later.  

Xantrex told me that I would need to replace the RC7GS controller with the new and improved one if I decide to upgrade the unit. We currently have auto Generator start. Great little option to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jleamont said:

Xantrex told me that I would need to replace the RC7GS controller with the new and improved one if I decide to upgrade the unit. We currently have auto Generator start. Great little option to have.

I don't know if it's a stand alone or network version you have but mine requires the RCS50 control panel and ME-AGS auto start network module.  Then everything programs from control panel.  It all depends where the auto start module is weather or not it will be easy to wire.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...